F3 Tear Down

spencer@wy

So i got a little cuious abt my f3 and ability to adapt to other coils and took her apart. the coil plug in is a smaller 6 pin unit. 5 wires attach at coil adapter;blk,red,yel,blu, and green. Circuit bd tentitavly look like blk n red are tied as well as yel, blu, and grn.

coil has 29 turns with a little steel/non copper wire soliered to the leading/starting end of loop. the ANTENNA as i call it, is aprox. 10" length, starts at soldier conn near coil cntr goes 6 oclock to wrap around insulated portion of coiled wire where it enters coil pltfrm. then it goes to abt 10 oclock position bout half distance between cntr and edge of coil, passes from top side of spool to bottom side of spool where it then turns right angle to upper run and terminates bout half distance from coil cntr at aprox 2 oclock bearing from cntr.

the spool is styrofoam 3/4 thick w/ spool groove being 5/16 " wide or tall, and in-set abt 1/2 " it is held in place by rubber band and entire surface of spool is wrapped with heavy paper that appears to have graphite? looking coating on it.

AND HERE I THOUGHT THIS STUFF WAS ROCKET ZCIENCE. LOL.

Just my preliminary findings, for those curious.

now i just need: info on winding coils, findd small 6 pin plug-ins, and a 3d printeer to make coil foot adapter to hold other coils.

thats it for now, gotta do some home-work on it. I ll post more later. Happy hunting.

• Like 1

I know, i know. I do all of my postin from phone, so i havent taken time to attempt it. i think if. i go to desktop mode i might b able to, and will attempt to do this this evening.

It is true Ivan, a picture can be worth a thousand words, especially if they are not the most technically accurate.

thanks for kick to do more, i ve been needing to learn to post photos.

more to follow in p.m.

Did you get the inductance and capacitance of that coil before taking it apart? Good numbers to have to replicate it, might not match when you get it back together if its put together any bit differently.

I love the pioneering rip it apart spirit though! Just curious, how much does one of those machines cost? Did you have to buy it new or found it used somewhere? Never seen one before myself.

R u smilin yet Ivan? Pun fully intended!

guess that isnt rocket science either( disregard test two) ha.ha..

alright. anyone curious? need a pic? know of reference matl on coils and thier construction principals?

Could just put stock coil connector on other coil but woruld like to find a new one, as well as a oulet for surplus pieces if anyone does it.

• Like 1

Jasong, didnt cross my mind tell i was into it(truth be told i wasnt to far into it and could have put it back toghether to do so), but i have yet to damage anything. and figured i could. maybe find another f3 owner who could verify my #s after re-assembly.