We should have known earlier.  According to Clay at My Land Matters:

Mining is exempt from lockdown

Did you know mining activities have been declared an essential industry? Mining is on the US Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency's ‘Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce’ list.

• Like 5

Well thank you, and thank God somebody “out there”, has some sense left.

Locking us down too, just made no sense at all.  Whom exactly, would we be a viral threat to out there.  Most of us are loner’s, keeping to ourselves (other than our immediate family members), rarely mixing it up in crowds while we toil at finding our precious metals.

It’s way past the time for kicking up some dust, and swinging our disks.  MN90403 - Thanks for dusting me off a bit here....  It may be a lot hotter out there, but this fella is packing up the trailer, ATV, and detectors to go kick some dust.

Best to all ⛏⛏⛏⛏‼️

• Like 3

Darn, I had the whole desert mostly to myself….oh well
welcome back out you guys...

• Like 6

Glad to know that, but I am in a state with a dictator who does what he wants.

• Oh my! 1

• 1 month later...

…but right now if you get out of your car in the desert, you self immolate...

• Like 2

Flak, it was over 99 here today.....that's almost unheardof. Combine that with the 4500' elevation, and I can't stand to even be outside. Can't imagine what it's like for you guys down south.

Jim

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jim in Idaho said:

Can't imagine what it's like for you guys down south.

I agree, it's uncomfortable in the desert. But I have read written accounts of prospectors in Arizona near Quartzsite, who in the and early 1900s would routinely be out working in 120 degrees. Those guys would laugh at us.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

I agree, it's uncomfortable in the desert. But I have read written accounts of prospectors in Arizona near Quartzsite, who in the and early 1900s would routinely be out working in 120 degrees. Those guys would laugh at us.

At those days there was still alot of gold to be found there. I would have gone out there too. Today, no....;)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

…but right now if you get out of your car in the desert, you self immolate...

It would be worst if the vehicle stops and won't start when you are out in the desert. I guess you would have to climb under it till rescued. 

2 hours ago, geof_junk said:

It would be worst if the vehicle stops and won't start when you are out in the desert. I guess you would have to climb under it till rescued. 

Lessons from lost people in the desert say you are better off staying with your vehicle rather than trying to hike out.

• Like 1