New Az Member

havingstl

Hello, I just bought my first detector.  A used White's TDI for $300.  I have found plenty of nails and scrap metal on some property I own and I want to get out to some gold bearing country and give it a swing.  I joined the GPAA but with Corona virus lurking it seems like most events have been cancelled locally.  

• Like 2

Welcome. You may want to check out the prospecting section of the forum.

Well h you joined the right place. If you can't find answers here, they don't exist. Glad your out and about and hope you share some of your finds. We all here have posted the good and the bad so don't be shy. Hope you have a good time here!!!

Welcome aboard and happy hunting. Please post your findings with pictures so we all can see.

On 6/2/2020 at 2:19 PM, havingstl said:

Hello, I just bought my first detector.  A used White's TDI for $300.  I have found plenty of nails and scrap metal on some property I own and I want to get out to some gold bearing country and give it a swing.  I joined the GPAA....

Welcome aboard the forum, havingstl, and as a member of GPAA I welcome you to that, to!  You got a great deal on the TDI.  I've been to Arizona multiple times (but my trips were too short), and I've used the TDI there as well.  The pandemic has hurt in so many ways but in the meantime make use of the GPAA Mining Guide (hardcopy and online updates).  Kevin Hoaglund spends quite a bit of time at the Arizona claims and I think that may be part of why there are so many.  You may gain from checking out Bill Southern's forum.  He lives near Wickenburg, I think.

Lots of good info here, so get started (don't forget to check out the many things Steve has written and referenced).

Welcome "H",

So many detectorists in AZ!  Wish i was one of them!🤣  Keep finding the junk; you are bound to find the "good stuff"!!!  In the meantime, learn your detector here!! And watch out for 🐍🌵!!

Keep us posted!👍👍