Looking For Best Deal On Nox 800

15% off MAP https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/3798-minelab-military-discount/

Dealers must conform to Minimum Advertised Prices (MAP) online so all legit units are advertised at the same price. Dealers get around this often by tossing in "free" things, like free shipping, or extra free accessory items. The only way to get a better price is never use online shopping carts. Price fixing is illegal, and so once you are on the phone with a dealer they can negotiate  with you freely. In theory they can via email but frankly that leaves a record they may not want. So call and look for the best deal on in stock product. Ask about full warranty display models. If free stuff is included and you don't need it, just tell them you want the best price on an Equinox 800 as offered from Minelab - no dealer provided stuff. There is usually a cost to a dealer in providing these extras, and they can lower the price if you forgo them. That does not apply to Minelab supplied free stuff during promotions. It really is free. The less extra stuff the dealer has to box and shi saves them money on the free shipping, another point to consider.

The worst way to get a deal is to be in a rush.

• Like 2

I was referring to the price before the 15%. I should have specified that. The local places I checked were all 899$ prior to discount. I got my first one for 730$ with no military discount. That place is closed unfortunately.

Yes, $899 is MAP price. Military discount is 15% off that. You have to call to do better.

Anyone with a advertised price on the internet of less than $899 is in violation of dealer policy and probably a scammer. Red flag.

If they were selling the Nox for $730 no wonder they are closed. You actually have to make money to stay in business. Funny how that works, but good for you.

• Like 2

What Steve said: contact the deal directly, but do not reveal your pressing need for the machine ASAP. You can mention it after you agree on a price, but whatever you agree on will most likely include USPS Priority Mail at best and if you need something by Friday, you'll want overnight or two-day shipping which could cost a pretty penny.

I'd be surprised if you're able to get the 15% military discount on top of another significant cash discount, but I could be wrong.

I'm guessing you could get the 15% military discount plus free overnight shipping. That's the best I imagine you can expect. And because shipping is important to you, you might have better luck finding a dealer that's close by, like the next state over.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mh9162013 said:

I'd be surprised if you're able to get the 15% military discount on top of another significant cash discount, but I could be wrong

Technically that is not supposed to be possible. Minelab stipulates in the program 15% off map, and the dealer has to submit copies of the paperwork for reimbursement. Not all dealers have qualms about adhering to policies however.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Technically that is not supposed to be possible. Minelab stipulates in the program 15% off map, and the dealer has to submit copies of the paperwork for reimbursement. Not all dealers have qualms about adhering to policies however.

That's good to know, thanks for the additional info.