New Simplex Update 2.78

Videos on Facebook Nokta/Makro site

Some folks were complaining Target ID numbers too jumpy at depth. To make the detector less chattery with bouncy numbers. They reverted, detuned  the target ID, so after a certain depth it will not generate a target ID number. Mainly for those who want a quieter detector.
Updates Made :

IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH THE INCREASED ID DEPTHS OF VERSION 2.76 OR 2.77, YOU DO NOT NEED TO INSTALL THIS UPDATE!

ID stability and depths have been changed back to the same levels of version 2.68. This will NOT affect the overall depth and sensitivity of the device.

https://www.noktadetectors.com/metal-detector/simplex-metal-detector/

• Like 1

When the next update is released, will you still have the option of choosing with/without detune?  At every fork in the road do they continue to allow multiple legacy choices?  Yeh, hopefully there won't be any more updates....  There's that annoying h-word again.

9 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

When the next update is released, will you still have the option of choosing with/without detune?  At every fork in the road do they continue to allow multiple legacy choices?  Yeh, hopefully there won't be any more updates....  There's that annoying h-word again.

Exactly,  sometimes there is a downside to being too responsive to the masses and you gotta realize you can't please everyone or you might back yourself into a corner where you can't please anyone.  This latest update seems ridiculous.

Monte says, those that want to do the latest update, maybe should not. Instead of using the new 2.77 Park 1 mode, just use  Park 2 mode its basically the old 2.68 Park mode.

• Like 1

Still trying to wrap my mind around this. I only decided to buy a Simplex after the extra depth update. Wonder if the people complaining about jumpy numbers/chatter realize they are losing depth and they can't have both? Wonder what Nokta's response will be if they complain about loss of depth? And yes now you will have to choose between quiet and noisy updates. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/4/2020 at 8:52 AM, 67GTA said:

Still trying to wrap my mind around this. I only decided to buy a Simplex after the extra depth update. Wonder if the people complaining about jumpy numbers/chatter realize they are losing depth and they can't have both? Wonder what Nokta's response will be if they complain about loss of depth? And yes now you will have to choose between quiet and noisy updates. 

On 6/2/2020 at 9:15 PM, Sven1 said:

D stability and depths have been changed back to the same levels of version 2.68.

The machine will still be deeper. You just won't see an ID or accurate depth reading and be less chatty. Is what I'm getting.

ID stability and depths have been changed back to the same levels of version 2.68. This will NOT affect the overall depth and sensitivity of the device.

Simplex #1  has v.2.76 and Simplex #2 is ready with v.2.77 and both are working terrific.  I see no reason to take two steps forward and one step back.  If TID is jumpy due to a target being deep, just recover the target and see what it is.  No different from having a jumpy or non-locking VDI due to a target being on-edge or angled, close to some sort of masking trash, in some challenging ground or any other reason.

If the Simplex +, or any detector, audibly signals on a target, that's good.  Then it's our turn to take over and recover the target and see what it is, good or bad.   To find targets, shallow-to-deep, I want to have all the performance ability a detector can offer.  No logic in "dumbing-it-down" as I see it.

I'm sure the accessory coils are also going to help some folks who work trashier places around their town and will have better / tighter VDI read-outs with a smaller-size coil than the stock 11".  Besides, if they feel deeper targets are an issue, just reduce the Sensitivity a bit.  That's what the control is for.

Monte

• Like 1