When setting the Alter * 71 reaction, you must take into account that this setting affects 2 things.

1. work in various mineralized terrain ... where the higher setting Reaktion 3-4-5 will work well even in high mineralization.

2. The reaction setting also affects the separation speed of the detector ... with the reaction setting 6 you will get excellent separation results.

Here it is necessary to add that the separation is also affected by the frequency used ... the frequency around 13-14khz will already have excellent separation properties ...

Thanks, El Nino.The reason I ask is that I have been getting High tone falsing and thought it may be related to swing speed.I had the same thing with my AT Pro usually at each end of my swing.I am careful to maintain a level path, I did hear someone talk about something he called winkling, sort of wiggling the coil over suspect targets and it does work.I have noticed Deus users often use a fairly quick swing while I tend to be rather deliberate in using a consistent 2 secondish swing.We musician's take timing seriously LOL.

Different machines may call for different tactics. I have been very successful so far but still have to pass on deeper targets for another 3 weeks or so, no more than 6" using one arm only.Kinda forces me to focus on details.

I have setup 3 programs, 7.8k- 12k and 17k along with factory presets. I change settings at times on a target and compare my programs to factory presets, I stick with one of my programs for a hunt.I hope that makes sense.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      My first metal detector in 1972 was a White's Coinmaster 4. I became a White's dealer in 1976. Over the years I owned the following:
       White's Beachhunter ID, White's Coinmaster IV, White's Coinmaster V Supreme, White's DFX, White's Goldmaster, White's Goldmaster II, White's Goldmaster V/SAT, White's Goldmaster 3, White's Goldmaster 4/B, White's Goldmaster 24K, White's GMT, White's M6, White's MXT, White's MX Sport, White's Surfmaster II, White's Surf PI, White's Surf PI Pro, White's Surf PI Dual Field, White's Sierra Pulse Pro, White's TDI, White's TDI SL, White's Vision, White's V3i
      And as a dealer I "borrowed" and played with countless more models. Right as of this moment I still have a DFX, V3i, and Goldmaster 24K I got in the fall of 2018.
      It's just now sinking in that after 48 years of using White's metal detectors, I have probably officially purchased my last new White's. I guess it is not impossible yet somebody could purchase the company and somehow take things on to new and improved models. Unfortunately, I just do not see that as being very likely. The name may continue, but White's as an industry leader is probably nothing more now than a memory. It's hard to believe that a company that produced something as sophisticated as the V3i in 2009 is now done.... I was still harboring a hope that somehow a V4 would see the light of day. In fact I figured they either pull a rabbit out of their hat, or it was over. Unfortunately it proved to be the latter.
      I do know one thing. My V3i is in pristine condition, and I am going to treat it with kid gloves now. If there was ever a detector that might become a collectors item, the V3i is it. I do not think we will see anything remotely like it ever again.
      The Goldmaster 24k is a very good detector, and thanks to Tom Boykin I got to use it early on and write my last big review of a White's detector. I always felt a little bad about the MX Sport debacle, so it was nice to end things on an upbeat note. A picture of my last detector from White's Electronics, quite a difference from my first "big box" Goldmaster in 1973.

• By George Kinsey
      Worked very well in bad ground, lite weigh housing, Auto ground trac, pinpoint, three tone options, visual target I.D. and depth reading down to 10". I may take this one with me to the After life.

• By Aaron
      I put the batteries back in the old Mark 1 LTD, just to make a short demo video on this beautiful old machine. Hope ya like it!
      https://forums.tarsaccisales.com/forum/7/george-paynes-masterpiece-mark-1-ltd
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Man, I need to keep up. First Texas introduced the Teknetics Patriot in 2017, a direct clone of the Fisher F70. I did not notice that they quietly discontinued the Fisher F70 in 2018, because they are still list on the Fisher website as current models. That and there were enough models left in stock that you can still find some new with some dealers to this day. But they are very near sold out now. Anyway, the F70 is definitely gone but not really, because you can still get it at a lower price as the Patriot. The Fisher F5 and Fisher F4 models have also been quietly discontinued, replaced by similar Teknetics and Bounty Hunter models at lower prices. These Fisher models also can still be found new at some dealers but are almost gone.
      Anyway, I updated the Metal Detector Database to reflect this oh so not late breaking news. 
      That leaves the Fisher F11, F22, F44, F75, F19, CZ-3D, Gold Bug, Gold Bug Pro, Gold Bug 2, 1280-X, CZ-21, and Gemini 3 as current models. Of those only the F11, F22, and F44 are relatively new models, with half the current Fisher lineup being old carry over models from the First Texas acquisition of Fisher way back in 2006.

Fisher F70 metal detector

Fisher F5 metal detector

Fisher F4 metal detector
    • By Ridge Runner
      The Garrett Apex will be out the middle of next month but we don’t know just when the N/M Lightning will show up. We do know it should be out before the years end .
       Garrett been giving us a sneak peek of the Apex . It looks with what I’d call a door knob on the face may be saying it’s maybe not totally digital.
       Like so many I’m wondering if it will be multi frequency are just be able to select what frequency you prefer to run .
       Garrett will have to pull out almost what I’d call a miracle to overcome the obstacle like the Nox. Now here comes Nokta/Makro with their new detector the Lightning and they know it’s got to be better if not equal to the Nox.
       I see myself waiting on the Lightning but it don’t make my dream come true I can always get the Apex.
       I keep forgetting a great low cost detector I don’t have and that’s the Vanquish. I already have the Simplex + and I think it should add another + with the 2.77 update.
       Being my Birthday is on the 15 th of May I really don’t like cake and who knows I may be eating crow . That’s if Garrett comes out with something great and at a great price.
       Garrett I truly wish you the best with the Apex.
       Chuck 
      PS I know most of you want to know why I’m using the name Lightning. It’s the name I picked and it has a great ring to my ears.haha
    • By phrunt
      Garrett’s Ace line is under serious attack from the Simplex and Vanquish.  Even the new Bounty Hunter (F19 paintjob) will make the Ace series seem pretty pitiful although slightly more expensive I think.  Entry level detectors are now stepping into the domain of the AT Pro if not surpassing it.  They need to focus on how to stay in the game as I would imagine the entry level models were their biggest sellers. 
      I would guess not too many people would be rushing out to buy an AT Pro at the moment.  I don't know about in the USA but here a Vanquish 540 is cheaper than an Ace 400 and would walk all over it for performance.
      How would the Simplex compare to the At Pro in performance and features? I'd guess not far off it.
      In saying all this, I quite like my Ace 350.. a real soft spot for it.  My first decent metal detector and from memory found my first silver with it in my front yard of all places, it's a depth demon in my soils with the Nel Tornado coil.  If an Ace 400 came up really super cheap for sale near me, I'd not want to buy it and that says something 🙂
      I'm no doubt wrong about all of this and their Ace series and AT's are selling well.