Hello From Montana

BPERSSON

I've been reading a lot on this great site.  Thanks to all of you for your reviews of all the great machines out there.  I have been looking for a good all around detector for here in MT and for Bullhead City the rest of the time.  With all your help I believe I have settled on the Equinox 600.  I wanted to get the new Garrett Ace Apex, but they probably won't be out before I head to AZ in August.

Welcome  "B",

You can't go wrong with the 600! Just be sure to give it some time, and don't get frustrated! "Patient's pays dividends"! As you stated, plenty of information here on the forum to keep busy with learning; no matter what detector you decide on!

Good Luck! Keep us posted!👍👍

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum and you made a good choice on a detector, as others have stated go slow and learn your new unit.

I have had mine almost a year and I am still learning, I am hoping to get back out there this next week if my neck allows it.

Happy hunting!

Welcome to the forum....That Minelab Equinox Series machine is pretty solid. As mentioned in a previous post, do not get frustrated with it. Minelab products take some time to get the hang of if one has never used one. Once you learn it...watch out!!:biggrin:

Welcome to the forum!  Where in Montana are you?  I'm currently in Helena.  I think you made a great choice with the Equinox.  I have the 800, and even though it makes my brain spin sometimes, I love it!  Be sure and post pictures of your finds, and good luck!

~Bash

• Like 1

Welcome B, looking forward to your adventures. No shortage of answers here.

On 6/4/2020 at 8:59 PM, Bash said:

Welcome to the forum!  Where in Montana are you?  I'm currently in Helena.  I think you made a great choice with the Equinox.  I have the 800, and even though it makes my brain spin sometimes, I love it!  Be sure and post pictures of your finds, and good luck!

~Bash

Yes I agree with you  , after hundreds of hours detecting with the ML explorer , Eq 800 , now the Vanquish 540, I still find the ML multifreqs audio a little complex , they "talk" all the time compared to other brands like Tesoro , Xp , Teknetics and so on .  ML multifreqs are not really "silent search" machines  …  🙂 Probably a lack of audio filtering on the irons .

However when you get used to them they are very good machines ,  very sensiitive to targets of all sizes , from tiny to bigger ones . This is why I have a Vanquish 540 plus the 3 coils  …  Just my opinion