My Bigfoot Coil Finds A New Home!

1 hour ago, Rivers rat said:

What are those machine for Steve??

RR

That is actually a picture of my previous V3i sitting next to my previous DFX. :laugh: Both gone now, I just posted the picture since DFX and V3i were being discussed.

As of right now I have a V3i with the latest version of the D2 coil I got three years ago, and a DFX I just got to run my Bigfoot coil. I'm keeping the V3i for one simple reason. It is an amazing example of metal detector technology. I do not think there will ever be anything like it again as new detectors focus on simplicity. The V3i is the ultimate in controls - every aspect of the detector, including the fabulous color display, can be customized. It is like owning a build it yourself detector kit with a built in oscilloscope. I'm not normally what I would call a detector collector, and not sentimental about stuff, but this machine I am keeping just because of what it is. It is a powerful detector and I really should use it more, but it actually is kind of a collector machine for me and I want to keep it in pristine shape. The V3i is on it's last days, with various components no longer available, and likely to be discontinued once White's existing stock of parts runs out.

• Like 1

Just dusted off my DFX again,had mine 17-18 years it was one of the 1st batch into the UK,still has my favourite coil on at the moment the Jimmy Sierra 12'' Hotshot concentric coil on,its as light as a feather because its foam filled and getting rare to find these coils and also have a brand new one still in its box as a backup.Covers more ground and certainly deeper than the standard 950 coil.

As a result of the interest in the DFX being resurrected again by Steve,i plan on using mine again,always found a consistent flow of decent finds into my finds bag,but when i went over to using a Deus some years back and recently the Equinox i personally found that the finds rate reduce by a substantial amount.As a result of this observation both my DFX and original green T2 have been drafted back into everyday use again.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 6:39 PM, BMaxx said:

Steve

If you ever come across a Bigfoot Coil for the DFX, please pm me.  I think I'd like to have a go with it on my DFX.

I’m not looking for them so unlikely to run across one. But if I do, I’ll let you know. Most go to eBay for big bucks, and chances of finding one cheap in a garage sale nil. They were rare even when they were common. So as long as you are willing to pay, set up an automatic search on eBay, and you will get an email from eBay next time one is for sale.