Fisher Impulse AQ Limited Launch!

1 hour ago, Skullgolddiver said:

Few hours and I'm already angry!

Due to restrictions on foreign  distribution out from USA from a side and local idiocy from another, I can't buy out from Italy the machine from where I want and for now, even if we all know the "base price" the few pieces that will be distributed in Europe in the next months will be totally burned from "friends of friends"....At a different sounding price....

So for now I'm done.

I do this thing for work and believe it or not is a disaster!

I can't believe that after over 7 years, my most reliable gun to hunt is a repainted Ctx which is all but waterproof and a useless noisy Tdi Bh with a coil that I can't change due to the lack of a fu....ng connector!

Only thing I feel to advise to FT is to open a direct channel for buyers as there are some persons (including me) that are really short in patience when things like this happens.

I definitely hear and understand your frustrations after waiting all this time. I for one do not understand why this version was not simply released as a wader version. Just say this is the wader version we have ready now, and that the dive version is still in the works and will be available later. Personally I would have priced it higher and included a second battery.

Instead of "here is our failed diving version at a great price" I would have sold you "here is our fantastic on beach and in water wading detector." I think the battery with cable design can make sense for dry land versions, like the prospecting version especially, if you also offer a belt mounted 8 - 12 hour battery option at time of release. So people who normally detect a few hours have a nice 4.2 balanced detector with a NiMH battery that can get on an airplane without getting a third degree or flat out tossed off the plane. They would also have the option of going even lighter, 3.4 lbs on arm, by removing the underarm battery and using the longer life belt mounted battery.

So there you go, with me running the show you'd be getting the Fisher Impulse AQ Wader right now, at a higher price but with two 3.5 hour batteries included, and a 8 - 12 hour belt mounted battery option. And the Fisher Impulse AQ Diver with integrated Li-Ion battery in the works available soon.

There would be no limit on supply, machines available though all regular dealers and distribution channels.

But it's not my gig. All I can offer is that there will supposedly be a fully waterproof version more in line with what you are really wanting at some point later, that you will presumably be able to buy from dealers in Italy. For you and all the people like you, I truly am sorry. However, I will also say that it is what it is. I'm not going to let all this devolve into a litany of complaints. I want to recognize your concerns and dissatisfaction as being real and for good reason, but at the same time I want everyone to be aware that complaining further here won't change anything. Your best bet if you are really upset is to contact Fisher directly with your concerns.

http://www.fisherlab.com/contact.htm

Fisher Labs
1120 Alza Dr.
El Paso, TX. 79907 USA
915-225-0333
1-800-685-5050
info@fisherlab.com
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been lurking in the various threads about this machine for quite awhile!  It has been very frustrating with the on again, off again production release.  I must say that Fisher did not send out any Minelab type hype media as a teaser and for that I congratulate them.  Yes, I have watched the YouTube Impulse videos but it didn't appear to be a Fisher promotion only examples of performance.  Although I am reluctant to dive into something new on the market, it is my hope this machine will be a joy to use along the Atlantic beach coastline.  I rarely hunt more than 3 hours before needing a break and the waves are usually too strong for me to jump in deeper than knee level.  I threw my name into the hat and hope to be part of the lucky group of USA first users!

• Like 2

I am personally waiting for the Version which i could use on the Thames,knowing a lot of Mudlarks i doubt any of them will buy a machine of this type.Meaning more yellow stuff for me.But as i do a fair lot of beach combing too, a beach version will be helpful  asap:fisher:.

But the sands at the moment is a pain,and hard compact gravel beaches are tough.....2 hours of hard digging this morning ate 30% of my stamina.

RR

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I definitely hear and understand your frustrations after waiting all this time. All I can offer is that there will supposedly be a fully waterproof version more in line with what you are really wanting at some point later, that you will presumably be able to buy from dealers in Italy. For you and all the people like you, I truly am sorry. However, I will also say that it is what it is. I'm not going to let all this devolve into a litany of complaints. I want to recognize your concerns and dissatisfaction as being real and for good reason, but at the same time I want everyone to be aware that complaining won't change anything. Your best bet if you are really upset is to contact Fisher directly with your concerns.

http://www.fisherlab.com/contact.htm

Fisher Labs
1120 Alza Dr.
El Paso, TX. 79907 USA
915-225-0333
1-800-685-5050
info@fisherlab.com

Deeply grateful to You Steve!

Unluckily I already done this thing in April, asking for a lot more than only the machine to test. Hours ago I received an answer by Rick, not them at FT. Is two months an acceptable time to obtain an answer?I can live with connectors water flooding, with release delay time, with unexpected depth rate...But not with this way to run the business.Now I want to buy the gun, but my dealer don't talk about it...I know the guys, other guys, other dozens of dealers...I'm a bit known around and I don't like it too much... Seriously to have one I'll need to ask for someone's mercy?

Holy God

1 hour ago, Rick Kempf said:

SGD -  with respect, If your complaint is with your Italian agent for Fisher not having any AQ's to sell, it is because none of the AQ Limited machines will be sold outside the US and Canada. 

In my experience distribution of manufactured goods internationally goes via Agency agreements with exclusive rights - in such a case Fisher would have agreed to not sell directly into the Agent's territory and such an agreement would prohibits agent from selling into each others territories.

All of this is a relic of the pre Internet age, but it is not likely to just disappear.

Thanks to You Rick.

You're clear and now I can understand the source of the problem.

And the other side of the problem is Just Me.

I want the freedom to buy my artillery from where I want, when I want, for the price I can afford.

There's a good reason cause Mr.Bezos is who it is...He's creating freedom of choice!

I'm however Sorry for the tone of my posts...Thanks again.

• Like 3

well let me say that i find all your congratulations "bravo rick, well done steve ..." indecent! it seems to see a small group of privileged people gargling with the disappointment of users outside the US.

of course it is the fisher strategy that is to blame.

It’s as if it would have been said, well the designer  is French so it will only be sold a few units in France at half price and the rest of the world will have its "improved" version a year later twice as expensive. What would you have thought?

Either we sell for everyone or we continue with confidential testers, this whole circus makes no sense.

I do not dive and I can be content with 3h30 4h of battery. Are you serious to tell me that I cannot get this AQ after all this waiting?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vive equinox said:

well let me say that i find all your congratulations "bravo rick, well done steve ..." indecent! it seems to see a small group of privileged people gargling with the disappointment of users outside the US.

of course it is the fisher strategy that is to blame.

It’s as if it would have been said, well the designer  is French so it will only be sold a few units in France at half price and the rest of the world will have its "improved" version a year later twice as expensive. What would you have thought?

Either we sell for everyone or we continue with confidential testers, this whole circus makes no sense.

I do not dive and I can be content with 3h30 4h of battery. Are you serious to tell me that I cannot get this AQ after all this waiting?

Well, since you asked what I'd think, I'd not think people who have no control over the situation are "gargling with the disappointment of users outside France" or wherever. I'm certainly not pleased with anybody being left out on this and have no control or say in that matter. I can however take the future owner discussions to a private forum so as to not be shoving it in the face of others, if that is what people prefer.

Thanks for the link to the battery thread, Steve.  Didn't see that.  It starts off erroneously saying the battery life is 5-6 hours though - you might want to edit that.  Although you say the battery is easily replaceable, it isn't clear to me how that elliptical pod is removed.  Is there a manual on this published yet that discusses it?  I think the majority of purchasers will be anxious to obtain a lithium-based solution with integral Bluetooth audio in place of that pod. The risks I see with lithium-based batteries are expansion problems if overcharged or overheated -or even just due to ageing. Probably not recommended for underwater.  I would think 4 18650's (L-ion) could go inside the shaft, for us above ground guys. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bklein said:

It starts off erroneously saying the battery life is 5-6 hours though - you might want to edit that.

Yeah, the life kept getting shorter over time, settling at 3.5 hours in the final NiMH version. So I have to do some search and cleanup editing - thanks for letting me know. Fixed.

I know there is a downside to this but must note that NiMH eliminates many shipping and airline issues. It is not all bad.

The battery is slotted on top, and there are two big knobs on the side just under the armrest that tighten clamps that fit into the channels on top of the battery. Just slide it in, tighten two knobs, attach cable, done.

Manual is in progress and will be available soon. I just posted charger information here. Photos below courtesy Rick Kempf

fisher-impulse-aq-limited-battery.jpg
Fisher Impulse AQ Limited battery attachment clamp/knob

fisher-impulse-aq-limited-battery-detail.jpg
Fisher Impulse AQ battery top showing attachment channels

• Like 1

Apologies for sticking this in here, but I’m a bit rushed these days and I thought I posted it earlier - if in fact I DID post it earlier today - then 2 apologies. Here

is a link to my Vimeo site - it is the Hardelot beach video which Alexandre and Co. did several years ago with a Manta prototype. I added some captions in English to sot of guide you through it (assuming you don’t speak French) The AQ is many development versions later than this, but it operates just the same (except even better)