Fisher Impulse AQ Limited Launch!

• The title was changed to Fisher Impulse AQ Limited Launch!

Very Exciting News!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 3

Very exciting news! I hope I can get my hands on one and get out to Hawaii and Tahoe with it. If I do get one Steve I would love to meet up with you at Tahoe for some detecting if possible. I have access to a couple private beaches.

• Like 2

I can't wait to get my hands on one. I read the terms and have no issues with them. Most of us water hunters takes care of our equipment knowing how fragile they are to the harsh saltwater environment.

Rick, you already have my info.

• Like 2

I've also read the terms from Fisher and have no issues with them. Rick has my purchase request email and I'm looking forward to using this new PI technology with discrimination.

Bill. 

• Like 2

Personally, I would love to know the depth capability on a buried US Nickel in neutral beach sands. The signal needs to be a definite change in threshold that an average person should hear. Even better.....a blind test on a target that “might” be in a given small area. In real life detecting, operators don’t know where deep targets are so testing should replicate this.

Kudos to Fisher....they really got their act together after all and in difficult times 👍

Tony

PS....Benchmark for a buried Nickel as described in the test procedure above (where the operator does not know that a target even exists) is approximately 15” to 16” with the TDIBH @ 14.4v with GB off / GAIN at max / Delay at 10uS

• Like 5

Funnily enough, the perceived restrictions on the AQ Limited (depth rating and battery life) would not bother me one bit because this is a tool that I would most likely use on the hard pan at low tide....no need to worry about depth ratings and a careful battery swap out after 3 hours is fine. I’m currently well over my retrieval abilities in deeper and rougher water with the Excalibur......let alone the TDIBH with that “too big a coil” for rough water. Boy oh Boy.....$1500 is a very good price 😋 and a smart move by Fisher. But as you all know....I’m unlikely to get the unit.......right 😇

Certainly would like to try one out down under......I’ve been using beach/water PI’s since my Goldquest SS back around the early 2000’s. Damn you Fisher for tempting me yet again !! 🤯

fisher-impulse-aq-metal-detector-with-controls-bw.jpg

• Like 4