Fisher Impulse AQ Limited Launch!

7 hours ago, phrunt said:

I have contacted DHL and they are shipping worldwide with minimal issues, and delivery times are not impacted severely between most countries.

Unfortunatley  this limited edition  not going to sell outside the US, it doesn't matter now if DHL or other companies can deliver or not. It kind'a sucks for oss in Europe not being able to buy one. We have to wait God knows how long again for Fisher this time. And when it comes out the price may is more than doubled for sure. Sucks.....

• Like 1

First off Thank you fisher and second off Wheres mine 😑 Just joking -as I dont have any beaches to hunt -But I will be keeping an eye   on this version as well as the nugget version of it if there is one-Mike C...:ph34r:

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

I have contacted DHL and they are shipping worldwide with minimal issues, and delivery times are not impacted severely between most countries.

Simon.....you are not helping my resolve at all....👍👍👍

I am still hoping for a chance to buy and evaluate the new machine. I accept Fishers terms!

6 hours ago, PPP said:

Unfortunatley  this limited edition  not going to sell outside the US, it doesn't matter now if DHL or other companies can deliver or not. It kind'a sucks for oss in Europe not being able to buy one. We have to wait God knows how long again for Fisher this time. And when it comes out the price may is more than doubled for sure. Sucks.....

I would assume a line is starting also to be the first people to buy one of these used. There inevitably are going to be those who think this is a magic wand, and who find out when they get it that it is a metal detector. Especially those who have never used a PI before and are expecting VLF type discrimination. There are no limitations on resale of the purchased units, other than to note that they would be without a warranty of any sort.

I want to note I sympathize with those who have been waiting a long time for this and who are unable to get one at this time for one reason or another. My posting I’m getting one is not intended to rub salt in any wounds. All I can do is hopefully make up for that by providing some decent feedback to help potential new buyers in the future. Hopefully Fisher will come out with new models that have improved battery systems and a more robust design with a better waterproof depth rating sooner rather than later. The price may be higher, but they can’t go sky high without hurting long term sales. Any extra money will be worth it in the form of more than 3.5 hours operating at more than 3 feet of depth for four hours. Quite a few people really do want a seriously robust detector for hard core water hunting, and this version is not it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tony said:

Simon.....you are not helping my resolve at all....👍👍👍

Maybe this will help...:laugh:

Oh boy.... with all this talk......we’re getting uncomfortably close to the $3,000 mark Hey, but it’s no problem to me because I’m not getting one......just like I said earlier 😇 Thats right.....not getting one......said it right on this forum in black and white !! I don’t “Need” the AQ...........😍😍😍😍 Tony

Stay strong, Tony.  You can beat this thing... :laugh:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

There are no limitations on resale of the purchased units, other than to note that they would be without a warranty of any sort.

Indeed, there will not be any transferable warranty on used Impulse AQ LTD systems.

Future users would probably not be made aware of or agree on the famous ''Buyer Disclosure'.

16 minutes ago, Willy said:

Future users would probably not be made aware of or agree on the famous ''Buyer Disclosure'.

It does make a person wish there was some kind of internet search engine a person could use to educate themselves. :smile: Not much you can do to help people who can’t bother with proper due diligence buying used products. Of course a buyer of a used unit need not agree to anything, but they should be aware of the service limitations of the unit. I’d certainly provide that information to anyone if I was selling the detector used.

If anyone buys one and wants to sell it used contact me for an easy sale. I would not mind having two, one for fresh water and one for salt water. And in any case I never travel to remote locations to water hunt without a backup. Lost a whole two weeks of hunting in Hawaii once to a new detector that leaked brand new out of the box... I won’t repeat that experience ever again.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It does make a person wish there was some kind of internet search engine a person could use to educate themselves. :smile: Not much you can do to help people who can’t bother with proper due diligence buying used products.

If anyone buys one and wants to sell it used contact me for an easy sale. I would not mind having two, one for fresh water and one for salt water. And in any case I never travel to remote locations to water hunt without a backup. Lost a whole two weeks of hunting in Hawaii once to a new detector that leaked brand new out of the box... I won’t repeat that experience ever again.

Steve I've learned......... like you........... when you have something that really works for you,.. best to be prepared and have a extra. At that price of 1499.00 .......... two might be the price of one in the future. I'm just glad Fisher and Rick have given the public a chance to get there hands on the "AQ",.... been a long 3 years..

fisher-impulse-aq-discriminating-pulse-induction-jewelry-metal-detector.jpg

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Most people are probably looking for videos and depth comparisons. I'm sure somebody will get on that, but I'm going detecting.  ... (For me this opportunity is) kind of icing on the cake of 45 years of good times metal detecting. 

I've taken license with a bit of cut and paste, but I see these two sentences as belonging together.  We will effectively be getting a comparison -- 45 years of detecting experience with dozens of detectors and soon a report on this new one.  Given the trusted source of the upcoming information, I personally prefer this over any kind of one-on-one or one-on-multiple comparison video.

Over the last couple of years I've been watching all this develop from the cheap seats.  I'm not a water hunter so that's the best place for me and I'm going to continue to stay parked there.  For the most part I've kept silent for just that reason -- this water version isn't for me.  But besides finding the ongoing saga interesting, I've also been frustrated.  Unlike many, my frustration is the (IMO) unfair attacks on First Texas.   It seems they've been accused of everything short of seeding the Corona virus.

I don't envy Rick.  From my viewpoint he is a volunteer doing his best to help this process along from drawing board to finished product.  Now he's in the crosshairs because there likely will be those who miss out on this limited offer and Rick is making the decisions on who gets one and who doesn't.  I also suspect there will be hard feelings from a few dealers.  And I see some of the complaining (so far aimed at First Texas, not Rick) has already begun.  But this isn't Rick's first lap of the track and I'm sure if he hasn't already been the target of undeserved accusations he's fully aware of what is around the turn.

Ok, enough of my yapping.  If you see the hot dog and beer vendors please send them my way.  In the meantime I anxiously await the next pitch.  "Play ball!"

• Like 2