Fisher Impulse AQ Limited Launch!

About the battery run time. Their early figures were calculations based on battery capacity and detector consumption. When more in the field testing was carried out, it became apparent that the early numbers were not reflective of in the field use.  Now they have good test data to support this conservative number.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sting Ray said:

I have been lurking in the various threads about this machine for quite awhile!  It has been very frustrating with the on again, off again production release.  I must say that Fisher did not send out any Minelab type hype media as a teaser and for that I congratulate them.  Yes, I have watched the YouTube Impulse videos but it didn't appear to be a Fisher promotion only examples of performance.  Although I am reluctant to dive into something new on the market, it is my hope this machine will be a joy to use along the Atlantic beach coastline.  I rarely hunt more than 3 hours before needing a break and the waves are usually too strong for me to jump in deeper than knee level.  I threw my name into the hat and hope to be part of the lucky group of USA first users!

Well Fisher just had a difficult birth with the AQ, but it's not to late if they follow up Steve H. advice, start with the Wader version, and naturally the Land version, and the last but not least the Dive version which is harder to make and more expensive due to water pressure for diving.

But you never know Fisher still can see the light, and change !!! And I hope they will.

• Like 3

It's a sad day when basic detector care (rinsing, cable care) have to be layed out for customers.  Manufacturers shouldn't have to "idiot proof" their products.   One things Jimmy Pugh (Anchor Electronics Barracuda) told me" "...your cables are like your veins".  Very good advice.   This sounds like a very exciting machine. 

cjc

• Like 6

I wonder if Fisher has 100 people to sell the AQ to within the USA........Rick ??

that will be no problem. The problem is that NORMALLY they want to sell several hundred per month or even per week.

It is a niche machine and only a fool would have spent what they have to bring a beach detector to market. BUT

The Impulse AQ is  just the first of a line of detectors which will change first one, then another detecting “job” At least that what Fisher is convinced of.

And knowing Alexandre, I’m betting (literally) that they are right.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I definitely hear and understand your frustrations after waiting all this time. But it's not my gig. All I can offer is that there will supposedly be a fully waterproof version more in line with what you are really wanting at some point later, that you will presumably be able to buy from dealers in Italy. For you and all the people like you, I truly am sorry. However, I will also say that it is what it is. I'm not going to let all this devolve into a litany of complaints. I want to recognize your concerns and dissatisfaction as being real and for good reason, but at the same time I want everyone to be aware that complaining further here won't change anything. Your best bet if you are really upset is to contact Fisher directly with your concerns.

http://www.fisherlab.com/contact.htm

Fisher Labs
1120 Alza Dr.
El Paso, TX. 79907 USA
915-225-0333
1-800-685-5050
info@fisherlab.com

Thanks Steeve for your concern and info.I did use the link you post for contacting Fisher and write my thoughts and disappointment about the whole issue not been able to buy one in Europe.I know they do'n't care about what I wrote but it's better than be quiet. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PPP said:

Thanks Steeve for your concern and info.I did use the link you post for contacting Fisher and write my thoughts and disappointment about the whole issue not been able to buy one in Europe.I know they do'n't care about what I wrote but it's better than be quiet. 

Do you have family living in the USA or maybe know a prospecting body. They could help you out.

Send them the funds to buy the AQ in the US and have them send the unit to you this solves the problem ,not only for you but anybody living abroad, you just have to think out of the box.

Correction to this posting, this does not count for the limit edition only for the USA, only sold under special rules.

59 minutes ago, Whitbey said:

Do you have family living in the USA or maybe know a prospecting body. They could help you out.

Send them the funds to buy the AQ in the US and have them send the unit to you this solves the problem ,not only for you but anybody living abroad, you just have to think out of the box.

That is not the problem. Not just anyone can buy one, and then ship it off wherever. At least not until the units are available for general retail purchase. And if that is the case, they will no doubt be available at local dealers overseas. First Texas may simply want this initial run kept close to home. Again, I'm not defending them in anyway, just laying out the situation as it appears to exist. Unless Rick approves the sale, it does not happen. He may be prohibited from knowingly selling a detector that would end up outside the U.S. and if so he can let us know one way or the other.

4 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

That is not the problem. Not just anyone can buy one, and then ship it off wherever. At least not until the units are available for general retail purchase. And if that is the case, they will no doubt be available at local dealers overseas. First Texas may simply want this initial run kept close to home. Again, I'm not defending them in anyway, just laying out the situation as it appears to exist. Unless Rick approves the sale, it does not happen. He may be prohibited from knowingly selling a detector that would end up outside the U.S. and if so he can let us know one way or the other.

Sorry Steve, for the misunderstanding was not talking regarding the limit edition ,and understand that those do not count.

7 minutes ago, Whitbey said:

Sorry Steve, for the misunderstanding was not talking regarding the limit edition ,and understand that those do not count.

Well, once we get down the road to full production models I don't think the issue will exist anymore. The problem is these guys want one of these now.