Trouble Registering Nox 800

I had registered a Nox 800 online before and never had trouble doing so . The Nox 800 I just received is another story.

After filling in all needed to register it, it comes back can’t register because problem with serial number. The S/N on the back of control head and on the box plus invoice are all the same.

I’ve talk with dealer and also email Minelab. I hope to hear from Minelab today.

A friend ask if it had the update that Minelab offered some time back . He said I had to hook it up to my computer to find out. It’s too bad that don’t show up when you turn on the detector on it’s face .

Life wouldn’t be interesting if it wasn’t for a few rocks in the road .

Chuck 

2 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

I had registered a Nox 800 before and never had trouble doing so . The Nox 800 I just received is another story.

After filling in all needed to register it, it comes back can’t register because problem with serial number. The S/N on the back of control head and on the box plus invoice are all the same.

I’ve talk with dealer and also email Minelab. I hope to hear from Minelab today.

A friend ask if it had the update that Minelab offered some time back . He said I had to hook it up to my computer to find out. It’s too bad that don’t show up when you turn on the detector on it’s face .

Life wouldn’t be interesting if it wasn’t for a few rocks in the road .

Chuck 

I have often seen serial numbers on other equipment not being recognised due to the serial number itself being the cause with the LETTER "O" being punched in when in fact it should have been NUMBER "0" or vice versa.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

I suggested to Minelab that one of their updates include the ability of the detector to display the update directly somehow, like a button push combination or on power up. Not everyone who buys a detector even owns a PC these days.

• Like 1

Like my cheap Simplex and that’s the first thing you see when you turn it on..

Steve what we’d like to see and what we see is two different things..

Old saying I got: wish in one hand and spit in the other to see what gets full the fastest. I don’t know why but the spit will win every time.

Randy you could be right on a typo.

I’ll post the outcome when I know.

Thanks for the replies.

Chuck 

• Like 3

I had email about trouble I was having but no reply . I went back today and was able to register everything without a problem.

Chuck 

• Like 2

Reading this post reminded me I needed to do the same thing. The site worked fine and I registered my detector.

I was wondering if I need to register the coil that came with it?

Thanks

They could use a slash through the 0 so it looks different than an o.

Kac

Now dig this coming from Minelab. Minelab said the reason I couldn’t register my Nox is because my dealer had already.

I text that this morning to the dealer and he comes back saying I didn’t do that.

I told him it don’t make any difference being I went back yesterday and completed the registration without trouble.

Chuck