Tahoe & Mediterranean Jewelry

1 hour ago, Dances With Doves said:

I hope you get a deep monster gold ring with the new Impulse Steve. How long does it take you to get to lake Tahoe?

An hour more or less depending on which beach I hit. It is a huge lake, and alone could keep me busy for years. I also have been getting advice on other smaller lakes, mostly up in the Sierras, that are popular with the summer swimming crowd. No lack of places to use this thing, and by and large very thick with magnetite sands.

I have to admit working around nice cool fresh water in the summer will be a pleasant change from my normal hot, sweaty desert digging for gold nuggets! :smile:

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Dances With Doves said:

Hi skullgold diver.Does the very salty waters of the Med. sea make it tough on machines to get depth.Also do you find a lot of Euros?

I rarely have the problem of depth cause I mostly hunt when erosion is good after strong storms...A vlf only accelerate the process for me and I honestly don't dig for Euro's signals... What I'm fighting actually is noise with the 12" dual field, which force me on the TDI to keep delay over 15ms, bit I still hear terrible noise at every little wave over my head...I need a smaller coil otherwise I'll throw it somewhere soon.

7 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

An hour more or less depending on which beach I hit. It is a huge lake, and alone could keep me busy for years. I also have been getting advice on other smaller lakes, mostly up in the Sierras, that are popular with the summer swimming crowd. No lake of places to use this thing, and by and large very thick with magnetite sands.

Get a gold ring in    Lake Tahoe and your in the mile high club.Those   high  lakes  in the dead of summer  are the place to be and perfect place to test  that machine.

7 minutes ago, Skullgolddiver said:

I rarely have the problem of depth cause I mostly hunt when erosion is good after strong storms...A vlf only accelerate the process for me and I honestly don't dig for Euro's signals... What I'm fighting actually is noise with the 12" dual field, which force me on the TDI to keep delay over 15ms, bit I still hear terrible noise at every little wave over my head...I need a smaller coil otherwise I'll throw it somewhere soon.

They should have interchangeable coils like the infinium did.Did you ever use that machine?

11 minutes ago, Dances With Doves said:

They should have interchangeable coils like the infinium did.Did you ever use that machine?

I've been tempted to buy it, but is an older model and probably the seahunter was a better choice due to the control box...Today reading Steve's experience I'm grateful to never acquired one...

In the saltwater, around my area, GB Is the least important thing... Unluckily the cheaper Sea hunter was probably a better option ...I only purchased the TDI cause of the two tones, believe me...

If the Impulse with two tones and an 8.5ms delay is able to run with even half of the noise, in the future I'll be in heaven.

4 minutes ago, Skullgolddiver said:

I've been tempted to buy it, but is an older model and probably the seahunter was a better choice due to the control box...Today reading Steve's experience I'm grateful to never acquired one...

In the saltwater, around my area, GB Is the least important thing... Unluckily the cheaper Sea hunter was probably a better option ...I only purchased the TDI cause of the two tones, believe me...

If the Impulse with two tones and an 8.5ms delay is able to run with even half of the noise, in the future I'll be in heaven.

I know what you are saying about the 2 tone.It is  much easier to find gold when you have it. The modulation of the infinium was nice,but you had to wind the  wire around the machine  tight or the coils would go bad much faster.I hunt  freshwater with it.Atx way to expensive for all the problems  you hear of. If the put a Atx in infinium box and made it more   reliable for $1200 it would be a winner plus with cheaper coils.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dances With Doves said:

I know what you are saying about the 2 tone.It is  much easier to find gold when you have it. The modulation of the infinium was nice,but you had to wind the  wire around the machine  tight or the coils would go bad much faster.I hunt  freshwater with it.Atx way to expensive for all the problems  you hear of. If the put a Atx in infinium box and made it more   reliable for $1200 it would be a winner plus with cheaper coils.

I like to try new things...Honestly You can't imagine how much I miss the Excal that I modified with the smaller 8"...

Was hard to really understand the tone sometimes, for sure will be almost the same trash/gold amount with the Fisher... but few days was so easy to stay half an hour and go back home with this...

IMG-20150519-WA0001.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dances With Doves said:

Get a gold ring in    Lake Tahoe and your in the mile high club.Those   high  lakes  in the dead of summer  are the place to be and perfect place to test  that machine.

Guess I joined that club back in 2013....

https://www.detectorprospector.com/magazine/steves-mining-journal/gold-and-silver-with-new-garrett-atx-metal-detector/

garrett-atx-submerged-in-water.jpg

gold-ring-found-with-garrett-atx.jpg
Gold and diamond ring found with Garrett ATX at Lake Tahoe

• Like 4