Steve Herschbach

Forum Member Profile Information Tweak

If you go to your name in the upper right next to "Sign Out" and select "My Settings" by clicking on your name, you can adjust your basic forum settings and information. Be sure and set your time zone!

If you put something in the Location box it displays in your posts under your avatar/picture. In the past the Interests box only showed if people looked at your profile. I have made that also display under the avatar/picture. See my examples to the left.

I also added a new field "Gear Used" where you can list your favorite detectors, dredge, ATV, whatever. This also will end up displaying under the avatar/picture.

All this stuff is totally optional and honor system obviously.

In the left column is the "Signature" option which is where people create those signature lines you see under all their posts. You can get pretty creative there as an alternative to these simple options.

Any comments of other suggestions please let me know.

• Like 1

Gold Prospecting and Metal Detecting for Gold

Your picture on the main website, what are you holding? is that the best you can do?

post-411-0-05781600-1443751582_thumb.jpg

This is my interpretation the way it should look.

post-411-0-01227500-1443753215_thumb.jpg

LOL  Ivan

• Like 3

Freshly dug Australian nugget. Photo by Jonathan Porter.

Can't get much better than that!

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Ridge Runner
      Hope all made the trip from the old to the new forum. I like when Rob made the change and this looks the same. This is such a great forum and now it's made a big step forward.
      For info on new detectors you will find it here. The main reason nobody is making a push to sell their product ( detector ). So here it's not one sided picture you get..
      I like all the other forums but I find myself spending more time here.
      Thanks Steve for the new look.
      Chuck
    • By Norvic
      Am having some problems with Win 10`s Edge and the 4M, will not allow the posting of smiley faces and at times I have to sign in and out again to post. Suspect my problem may be my satellite Internet conx, not Win 10, just wondering are others having problems here?
    • By spencer@wy
      Steve, Have you considered a events page where person could find out about seminars, outings, group events? I would be intetested in knowing about such things. Thanks-Therell
    • By spencer@wy
      After my post this morning abt the events i got to thinking; this website has already got to require a commitment of time and i am asking for something that may require additional time invested, isn t he doing plenty just by hosting this site? This thought stuck with me all day and led me to create this post.
      THANK YOU STEVE for creating and running this website I sincerely appreciate the enrichment it has given and the knowledge it has given/helped spread. I applaud you, and you have my respect.
    • By Paul B
      I changed my Youtube channel name which was Dig-a-holic to Paul B. I am unable to change it here. Can you change it? Thanks Paul B
    • By Steve Herschbach
      New Member Signup - Click Here!      Lost Password - Click Here!
      Forum Tips & Tricks     Advanced Search     Tag List/Index
      Welcome to the Detector Prospector forum! Anything remotely related to metal detecting and prospecting for gold may be posted here. Forums for other subjects may be found here. The main goal here - to inform and educate. Please keep threads and posts on topic (metal detecting and prospecting). Off topic posts may be moved or deleted without warning.
      The main goal of the forum is to share information. If you see something interesting on another forum or anywhere else, please link to it. Mention any brands you like. The only goal here is to inform and anything interesting or informative is not only allowed but desired as long as it is on topic.
      While visiting this forum please act as if you are visiting my home. Treat others with decency and respect. Politics is not strictly prohibited but limit it to items of concern such as public meeting notices, comment periods, etc. No detector wars - every detector serves a purpose for somebody. For general editorial purposes this forum is treated as if it is a magazine.
      Do not place ads for your detector or equipment for sale here. That is only allowed in the Classifieds and is only for participating members - read the rules.

A note about the Google Ads - I know we all hate ads but they pay for the website. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. All I can do is to promise not to go overboard with them.
      Special Note To Dealers - Dealers are welcome here, with minimal guidelines. Please read My Policy Regarding Dealers
      If you have problems logging in or any other issues while on the forum Personal Message (PM) me or send me an email. Information on other general forum use and features can be found here.
      Steve Herschbach