Surgery Operation On TDI Bh Question.....

I'm so bored of my 12" dual field coil on my TDI bH that I now want to change the coil with an 8" mono.

I know this can be a stupid question, but I try to ask...

Can a Garrett Sea Hunter coil be adapted on the TDI?

I need an open design coil to hunt underwater...

The only other option is a Detech closed 8" mono...Which will float even more than now cause of the tdi control box balloon like buoyancy...

Shoot your answers please mates!!!

s-l400.jpg

This came up four years ago.  Here's the thread, and pay particular attention to what Carl Moreland (Geotech) says.  He was involved in the design&build of the TDI at White's.  There might also be a Garrett Infinium 8 inch coil that will work.  I think it's the same housing but maybe different inductance, etc.  (I abandoned trying to mod an Infinium coil to work on TDI.)

• Thanks 1

On 5/17/2016 at 4:11 PM, GB_Amateur said:

I've moved on from the Garrett BFO coil mod idea and will start a new thread soon (week or so) with details and photos on two paths I've chosen, in short physically modding the White's 150 (mm) closed circular disc mono and electronically modding a recently acquired Garrett Infinium 10x14 mono.

Did anything come of all this? It would be nice to know if anyone has had success with alternatives to the 12” dual field for underwater use. The White’s Aussie Mono coils are what first jump to my mind, but something like the Sea Hunter coils would be good. If I could pick a size though a 10” to 11” round mono would be great. Both Eric Foster and Minelab long ago settled on 11” round mono as an optimum general purpose size for stock coils.

Eric Foster 11” coil.... should work on TDI?

65CE9F51-417B-438D-AAE1-729BF6036A3C.jpeg

• Thanks 1

All of this 'talk' about diving products, don't forget this thread!

• Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

65CE9F51-417B-438D-AAE1-729BF6036A3C.jpeg

This is exactly the shape that I need if only will be possible to find it...8" for me is even better.

Platypus Coiltek is another option but seems to be rare and discontinued

• Like 1

I've spoken with the owner of Treasure Products years ago.  I have one of the vibraprobes and I also bought one of the pointers.  The pointer seems to need more proximity than I would like so I don't use it.

I think one of those handheld detectors with some power would be 'fun' but the coil is small and it may not be as effective as needed.  I wish someone that uses one would give a review.

Let’s put the pinpointer off into another thread someplace and stick with TDI Beachhunter coil alternatives here. But for what it is worth I’d get the new Nokta/Makro with optional 8” coil before I’d go near a PI King.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/12048-new-pulsedive-coil/

Edit: just broke down and ordered one - this post was the last straw! :laugh:

nokta-makro-pulsedive-8-inch-accessory-coil.jpg

• Like 1