Surgery Operation On TDI Bh Question.....

On 6/8/2020 at 5:00 AM, Rivers rat said:

Hi SGD i got an 18" DETECH foam filled Coil if you want same plugs as TDI but you could use it as a floater or a life buoy😂😅

😆😂😅

Cant wait to see your project finished!!!!

RR

Jeez...I was scared only thinking to the closed 8" underwater...

I actually believe that White's named wrongly the TDI...The real name for me should be SandHunter! There's no way to keep it down with You.

Nothing to say on beach performance, but in the water we seriously need another kind of machine.I still not find a good way to neutralize the buoiancy of control box.Just hope the coil will reduce the problem for an half...

3 minutes ago, Skullgolddiver said:

Jeez...I was scared only thinking to the closed 8" underwater...

I actually believe that White's named wrongly the TDI...The real name for me should be SandHunter! There's no way to keep it down with You.

Nothing to say on beach performance, but in the water we seriously need another kind of machine.I still not find a good way to neutralize the buoiancy of control box.Just hope the coil will reduce the problem for an half...

Do you know/or remember Whites use to to a coil weight for the surfcaster to counter act the buoyancy ,someone on a UK forum was asking the other other day and i knew where to find one for a while but it is gone now.It will be interesting to see what was this weight made of......i remenber someone telling me about putting melted lead(!!!!!!!!) in the stem or concrete dont remember which machine it was

4 minutes ago, Rivers rat said:

Do you know/or remember Whites use to to a coil weight for the surfcaster to counter act the buoyancy ,someone on a UK forum was asking the other other day and i knew where to find one for a while but it is gone now.It will be interesting to see what was this weight made of......i remenber someone telling me about putting melted lead(!!!!!!!!) in the stem or concrete dont remember which machine it was

To fill the upper side of the shaft is an option actually... Unluckily I'm not a big fan of melted stuff😨.

I'll try to realize some thin lead bars to suit the shaft under side with an hole and a bolt...or two

Just now, Skullgolddiver said:

To fill the upper side of the shaft is an option actually... Unluckily I'm not a big fan of melted stuff😨.

I'll try to realize some thin lead bars to suit the shaft under side with an hole and a bolt...or two

What a bout some stainless bearing balls????easy to adjust if too heavy or too light 

RR

8 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

Solved:

IMG-20190603-230732-950.jpgAdobe-20190603-224421.jpgAdobe-20190603-224509.jpgAdobe-20190603-225015.jpg

Adobe-20190603-225212.jpg

IMG-20190603-230732-950.jpg

IMG-20190603-230732-947.jpg

IMG-20190603-230732-940.jpg

if you attach 1kg diver weights it will do the same job.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, pjrough said:

Solved:if you attach 1kg diver weights it will do the same job.

Is exactly what I was thinking...I probably have somewhere a 1 kg piece also plastic covered...

Just need to remember where I throwed it🤔😁

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously thinking to put 7.5" white's mono coil on TDI beachhunter.

Had a short chat with white's and found that 7.5" coil is submersible and waterproofed:

Thank you for your interest in White's products.

No, White's does not plan to offer the TDI Beachunter with the 7.5 Mono Coil standard equipment.

Yes, the 7.5 search coil is waterproof and submersible.

Yes, it is a simple wiring issue to swap search coil on a TDI Beachunter.

7.5" might be lees floaty comparing to standard 12" coil....

• Like 2

On 6/18/2020 at 7:17 AM, pjrough said:

Had a short chat with white's and found that 7.5" coil is submersible and waterproofed:

No, White's does not plan to offer the TDI Beachunter with the 7.5 Mono Coil standard equipment.

Thats a good news!!!!Whites is somewhat COOL ,never had a whites metal detector only 1 coil....

RR

On 6/18/2020 at 7:17 AM, pjrough said:

Thanks for sharing this suggestion.

This coil was the first option Steve mentioned as an open coil specifically made for Tdi.

Unluckily is not that cheap compared with Coiltek stuff and I'm tired to try buy something abroad.Right now there's no way to have a coil from the US on Amazon, from a dealer I contacted days ago and here in Europe if you're lucky to find something it can cost You an eye. I'm honestly going back on my steps, and maybe I'll wait for the AQ to show here in the future.