Here is the battery and the charger spec. Anyone have suggestions for 12V field charging? The main problem is the connector.  I could use an inverter to power this charger. Or cut the connector and install a splice/plug. And then use an appropriate 12V charger by switching the adapter cable over.

Photo courtesy of Rick....

fisher-impulse-battery-and-charger.jpg

fisher-impulse-aq-charger-information.jpg

20 minutes ago, Willy said:

Alexandre has already searched for that and he did not find any good one.

The best bet is to use a converter 12V DC  to 110V AC (do you call it an inverter?)

Thanks Willy. Yes, inverter. https://www.amazon.com/Power-Inverters/b?ie=UTF8&node=583328

This will have to be addressed with a gold prospecting model, both battery life and remote charging capability, especially in third world countries. Minelab for the Gold Monster includes a set of alligator clips so you can charge the battery directly off a 12V vehicle battery. I’ve had to jump through hoops to charge batteries in remote locations. Here was my setup for the SDC 2300. One set of batteries charging by sunlight while I used the other. Having one battery and charging at night was not an option. Could have been, but then I’d have to use the panel to charge an intermediate battery, then use that battery to charge the detector battery at night. You can see how that’s not a good option compared to having a spare battery set.

solar-panel-charging-metal-detector-battery.jpg

• Like 1

Or maybe use a " jackery Solar Generator" in the field ,has build in inverter and you can charge the Jackery Solar Generator with the Jackery solar panel in the field or plug it in your car cigarette lighter socket. The Solar Generators are used for camping in the field. You can charge the AQ battery also straight from The Jackery Solar Charger since it also has a 110 AC socket, they are also used in boon docking they are very versatile and are available in different power version. Have a two year warranty and a dealer in  California, the factory is in China but the Jackery Company opened an office/service center in CA, if having any problems or returns it's easy peacy.

Have one myself at home and charge my detectors straigt from the unit since it has also usb out lets.

• Like 1

A bit of Googling turned up this charger, from Powerstream :
solar charger

These things definitely exist, for the R/C car/plane enthusiasts, so sellers of that type of equipment would be one line of enquiry.
The Turnigy C150 looks like it could do the job, input power 12V or mains AC:
Turnigy C150

Or the Turnigy Accucell-6 , with 12V only input, and cheaper:
Turnigy Accucell-6

• Like 1

I have a good old Thunder Power charge which I use to charge from DC or AC ...It has 25 programmable settings so you can set it up to charge different types of batteries, with details for each 528947992_thunderpowr.thumb.jpg.d78131269876622a90d341a8af5ec55f.jpg

• Like 4

Steve, how hard would it be for Fisher or someone to make a 12 volt charger like Minelab and many companies provide with the detectors or as an accessory?

I know the guy that used to build all the chargers and coils for Sunray, if I get one the the first models I will gladly run it by him to see if he is interested. He may also be able to build a backup battery pack.

They had a relationship with someone for vacuum forming all kinds of plastic cases like the explorer charging cradle, sunray battery chargers, etc

Hope a Rick is following these posts, I am willing to help if I get one of the limited detectors thanks

Jerry Talley.          jtalley0071@gmail.com.       804-937-2453

• Like 2

All I can do is provide the spec as seen on the charger above. Might be trivial for some people, I do not know. Many detectors are designed such that off the shelf 12V chargers work. Others not so much. The Minelab SDC 2300 runs off 4 C cells, and finding 12V solutions like the one in my solar power picture was no simple task as there were few options and Minelab provided nothing. This is a similar situation.

• Like 1