50¢ Detector Stand

It was the last straw for a detector that tips over on any and every bit uneven ground. It actually worked not so bad. If anybody needs to just get through the day, you could give this a try. Fifty cents of nylon braided rope, a juniper branch, and some good, old-fashioned Boy Scout lashing. Just make sure the frapping is good and snug. It might work even slightly better to carve a groove for the shaft into the stick. If it loosens a little, just re-frap and you’re good to go. Yes, there are more elegant manufactured versions available, but isn’t the saying “frustration is the mother of invention”?24282F29-9955-4A71-9D57-56E782FFA855.thumb.jpeg.f08d54df5a45ebeb108fc5dbbaf61fda.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Nice fix ! However, yet another example of Minelab's CRAP ergonomics and design ! 

How bloody hard is it to incorporate a decent stand into the design like they have with the GPX, GPZ ??

The SDC2300 has exactly the same problem !

Rick

• Like 2

As a dealer myself,  I have to agree with Rick.  Sometimes manufacturers miss some of the simplest of things.

Nice adjustment Skookum.

What's even more funny is that we get a broomstick attachment in the box.

Please someone post a pic of your Monster on a broomstick. 

• Haha 1

Best stand i ever saw was on my previous trip away when i met a couple of guys with sdc's. One had made a fold out leg that attached to the sdc. When folded out the sdc stood upright. He said it helped him not have to bend down to pick up the machine all the time off the ground (bad back or knee). From memory he would stand the sdc upright then use his pick to scrape the ground. Only when he had the target located would he bend down to the ground to retrieve it  

• Like 2

I have the same problem with the Vanquish. Might have to implement this or a variation thereof!

• Like 1