What Is Your Favorite Gold Detector And Why?

39 minutes ago, Mike Hillis said:

Gold Hound....you leave me speechless......

WOW

I agree Mike. And it takes some doing to leave me speechless! :laugh: I bow in the general direction of Australia in recognition of Gold Hound's amazing and no doubt hard earned detector success! :smile:

• Like 5

Yes Dale, once again you are showing why you guys are working far beyond the capabilities of most
modern day prospectors. It is always uplifting and inspirational to see the results that hard work, great research and smart decisions can bring. 

You deserve what you find.

• Like 2

Gonna take me awhile longer before I catch up with Gold Hound.  Todays hunt was 6 bits for .9 gram....lmao!

• Like 1

Thanks guys

Treasure hunting and prospecting are very similar.

Location location location... did I mention location!

Finding the gold/treasure location is the hardest bit. Reserch using historical and new age technology and of course boots on the ground leads to success. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Gold Hound said:

My first gold detector was the GP did well with it and never looked back.

Dale, Dale, Dale ... we're looking back with you.

Thanks for the share.  I can't think of a post you have made that is better.

Mitchel

As we can see from the many folks posting their favorite gold detectors, there is no right or wrong unit.  Each of us has our own style of hunting, our own physical limitations to our body, our own desired features we prefer, our own limited areas to use a detector, our own knowledge or lack of (better be user friendly to some and can be the most complexed detector for a few, if they understand it), our own budget range and on and on.  Each of us has our own reasoning why we swing what we swing and I am fine with that.  If you are successful and happy with your results, then you should be proud of your gold hunting accomplishments, as we all know it's not as easy as most folks think.  

And another issue brought up.  Gold Detector or Lead Detector?  Well we all know the facts are more lead is recovered than gold, but how many people would actually purchase the best VLF lead detector on the market or the deepest lead detector out there.  it is a play on words to keep our dreams alive.  Yes on a rare occasion, we do dig a target that is in fact not lead, but actually gold and as some of you know (Simon comes to mind 1st as we have witnessed his progress), it is very addictive and gold fever does exist.  Just think of Ron who found the 3 pound rock with his SDC-2300 this year (having over 16 ounces of Au in it).  I'm most certain that Idaho man will spend the rest of his winters in AZ with his 2300 swinging those hills.

Weather your favorite gold detector is one of past (a couple detectors from the 80's were mentioned) or present ( a nice selection of brands and models were touted) and some of us keep dreaming of the future gold only?  But the reality of it is, we do want a variety.  Not only want, but I feel we need to have a strong group of leading metal detector manufactures to help fill our itches.

I look forward to hearing some more of your favorites as it just goes to show so many different styles, reasons and flavors.  We have seem a few folks are find with what they have and that is good.  I am the kind of guy who just wants more options, more features, more disc, more, more, more (and less weight) all at a better price.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Goldhound, OMG!!!!

Gerry, those look like Equinox headphones in your photo at the beginning of the thread. I wear mine a lot too. To say the Equinox 800 is my absolute favorite detector for just about everything including gold jewelry and gold nugget prospecting would be an understatement. I have used most of the "gold specific" VLFs and the Nox and its many available outstanding features for gold nugget prospecting are hard to beat. Swung a Tesoro Lobo for many years successfully.

I just started using the SDC 2300 so I can't comment too much about it except to say that I really like it so far. I have used TDIs and Minelab's SD, GP and GPXs too. Never swung a 7000 and probably never will since I could barely afford the 2300!!!!

thanks for the topic Gerry 

Jeff

• Like 2

On 6/6/2020 at 5:25 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

Yes I have my favorite but will not share it at this moment.

On 6/6/2020 at 5:25 PM, Gerry in Idaho said:

Again,  I'll mention my favorite at a later time. 

Did this happen in any detail? If so, I missed it. :smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Did this happen in any detail? If so, I missed it. :smile:

It's coming, but I just play to hard on the weekends and when I get back in shop, my customers are #1.

I promise it will happen in the next couple weeks.

Heck the new EQ-1000 might be out by then and if so I could change my mind?  Or was that the Gold Monster 2000 or the GPZ-7500.  

• Like 1