What Is Your Favorite Gold Detector And Why?

If it's to be side to side w a competitor, one trip it was a GB2 vs. Ex 800, a GB2 and Gold Fors Plus against Lunk's gold Monster,  and another trip my GM1000 against his GM24K... GM1000 found 4 to his one.  All are similar in performance but definitrly different in results based mostly on the operator as I see it!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People are different as operators and in different locations, therefore the variety!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I was talking nostalgic all time favorite, not what I have now or you should be pushing. My Gold Bug 2 got replaced by a Gold Monster which got replaced by a Goldmaster 24K. And if forced to pick between the 24K and Equinox for gold... I’d keep my Equinox. Why? I can do magical things with it I can’t do with other gold nugget detectors. 😉

Which is where i don't care like Steve... I'm looking for gold in the wild! The GM1000 covers my family members as Gerry mentions and I still have my GB2 for myself. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, principedeleon said:

Yes i have used a couple MD from VLF to a PI QED.  What i was trying to say is that the most advance GPZ GPX or QED couldnt be used with discrimination which are dig em all detectors.  VLF can discriminate Iron pretty good.  Just not in deep ground so well but after some soil is removed it locks solid on object before digging it out. But still there is a lot of trash that you could be faced with. Anything with a aluminum wrap like a toothpaste is going to sound like gold.  

So currently there is no detector out here that gets the gold without digging unwanted targets.. And if soo let me knoww. !!  

Nobody was making a case that there are gold only detectors. You are taking the title of the thread far too literally and kind of missing the entire subject of the thread. Which is for people to discuss their favorite gold getting detectors.

• Like 1

Okay i probably over did it because he probably knows that. But all im trying to say a Gold Detector to be called A Gold detector needs to just find gold. Some people have a false sense of the reality of these machines without understanding how much junk they are finding and with a more " advanced "  Having to dig more Trash Or all Metallic objects.. I have switch from a VLF to a PI for couple inches of depth and now i wish i had discrimination.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, principedeleon said:

But all im trying to say a Gold Detector to be called A Gold detector 

OK.  Time to be honest with everyone for my 25+ yrs of selling gold detectors.  The secret is out.  They are actually "Lead Detectors" since in reality we'll find more ounces and pounds of lead than we do gold.  Yes I have been sugar coating it all these yrs, but I need to come clean with everyone.  I think the manufactures do as well.  When we open the metal detector catalog and pass up the coin/relic detector, we need to look for the big bold lead sinker or bullet at the top and then they can mention all the lead detectors they make and sell.

I totally hear you and no hard feelings.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, principedeleon said:

Okay i probably over did it because he probably knows that. But all im trying to say a Gold Detector to be called A Gold detector needs to just find gold. Some people have a false sense of the reality of these machines without understanding how much junk they are finding and with a more " advanced "  Having to dig more Trash Or all Metallic objects.. I have switch from a VLF to a PI for couple inches of depth and now i wish i had discrimination.  

Sorry, I don't get this. Metal detectors detect metal. Discrimination that allows only gold through has never been found to be possible. Expecting it, whining about it and dismissing fine detectors that find ridiculous amounts of gold is completely beside the point and really doesn't do much to define what a good gold detector is in someone's opinion.

• Like 1

Gold Hound....you leave me speechless......

WOW

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Gold Hound said:

1182110182_4540.74g-146oztNSWGold.thumb.JPG.d5f02df857a803b54962a15f0d193650.JPG

A nice patch, 146 ozt of NSW gold found in a couple of days with a nugget finder 25in coil mostly deep.

38oz 32oz 20oz and 8oz on the top row.

Still trying to find the photo's of my largest ever find, a 68kg quartz specimen that contained 14.1kg of gold. 

Below are some finds with the CTX

524356512_ancienttreasure007.thumb.jpg.fb380ebca45615f3c1ba2a8e60ec2710.jpg

My favorite jewelry finds.

Gold Hound - What the hell am I supposed to say?  My jaw just fell to the ground and I am in total Awe and Amazed.  You Sir have set my new standard of a true "Gold Hound"  Very few of us are actually true successful multi task detectorists for a variety of treasures as it takes different locations, detectors and knowledge.  

The 146 oz patch with those monster 20 and 30 ouncers is stunning to say the least.  Then to top that off, the collection of museum quality silver and jewelry and that gold ear/nose ring artifact is literally "once in a lifetime" finds for most MD'erists.

Yes the GP/GPX are very capable detectors as you have proven.  Yes I agree the 7000 is even better for most gold, easier to operate and less struggle with the power cord and headphone wires.  The CTX 3030 used to be one of my favorite Coin/Relic detectors and you have proven is capabilities as well.

Thanks for allowing us to see some of your hard earned efforts as the pics are very impressive and encouraging.

• Like 5