First Nox Gold

WTG Norm but ... I thought you had found a nugget.

I guess the ring will just have to do.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Great find and the nox won't let you down once you learn more about it.

I plan to go out on Sunday afternoon for a while if my neck isn't hurting.

I have had less pain now for a couple of days and have been wanting to go for so long that I have to try it.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, normmcq said:

Since recently purchasing my 800, I have been to several of my favorite detecting areas to see what I had missed with my CTX. There is one area that I had gridded in two directions and was surprised that I had found several more coins with the NOX. I think that was due to target separation. After I get more proficient with it, I'm sure that I can go back over to same areas again and be amazed at the finds that I will make. In the past with the CTX, I have found several silver coins, War-nickels, Buffaloes, Wheaties, lots of clad, but not any jewelry except for a couple of junk rings.Today that changed, I went to an area that is trash infested and I think my CTX was just nulled out. I got a signal between the trash that said dig me and out came this 9.99 gram 18K beauty.It wasn't real deep, just missed. 

Norm

First NOX Gold.jpg

I think on the Ctx, assuming the 11"coil and fast recovery, You easily passed over this beauty with no clue between all the trash... Unluckily this kind of find is really rare due to the unusual weight and higher ID reading...Which I never dig usually🙄

• Like 3

Yes, the target Id was 21 could have been mistaken for any number of targets. I guess i'm lucky. The other ring is my wedding ring that a friend made is similar weight, 8.76 grams but has a little more alloys. It Ids at 18, just have to dig it all,

Norm

rings.jpg

• Like 5

Very nice ring and high gold content! Do you remember your settings?

The only over-14K ring I have ever found was in the yard of someone who was letting me detect their place in an old part of town. It was her ex-husband's ring that she thought he "lost" many years earlier. It was the first time out with my newly purchased E-TRAC. I was hooked after that!

1_IMG_20170423_150601.thumb.jpg.eec7a5db4aa63640ea8c2a506f2cb4b7.jpg

0_IMG_20170423_150641.jpg

• Like 5