Steve. Does It Count?

Since you have found many nuggets, would you count the one I found.I went to  Stanton,Arizona in 2002 but found nothing. In   2014 in a  Finger  lake area creek in a deep gorge we went sniping for gold.I brought the AT gold and  got   a nickel hit. Me and my  friend  sniped that spot with our tools and got some pieces.One was .5 grains. I also got the nickel.Most   were deeper then 5inches.There was sand all over the creek bottom  from  our work.It was getting dark in this spot so I took the  machine and  detected.I got a little  hit and fanned the sand and there was a   almost .6 grain  piece.If I did not have the machine I would have not  found that  piece since it was hard to find.This was on bedrock.Would you count it as a     detector find ?

• Like 1

It does not matter, you can count it any way you want. 99.9% of the nuggets I find are "beep", then dig up a nugget. I might find a tiny bit or bits that did not signal when I dig up a larger nugget. Whatever. If you say you went metal detecting and found those nuggets while metal detecting that's not lying. But once you put the detector aside and start fanning or panning and such.... now you are not metal detecting.

Frankly, I have found a lot of gold gold dredging also. I don't care how I found it as long as I find it. My preference is to walk along and pick them up, which has happened a couple times. :smile:

Anyway, congratulations on the gold!

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Steve. Does It Count?

I dredged for gold once in the NYS Adirondacks. Found 4 fly specks in about  a one hour time period. We put the 4 inch dredge in an easily  accessible, super sandy spot on the river but not a good gold catching area. Sucked about 20 feet straight down hoping to hit bedrock but ran out of hose. It was meant to be a quick sampling with brand new carpet so no contamination from other sources. And we did find gold.  Good luck!