Don’t Nox It Till You Try It

Welcome to Equinox nugget detecting Tom, and job well done! You may even have an edge over some VLF old timers because the Equinox requires out of box thinking with the range of options available. Gold Mode and Park 2 are great starting places for nugget hunting, both with features a person might appreciate depending on the situation. And don’t forget the beach modes as a fix for alkali ground.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/7468-my-tips-on-nugget-detecting-with-the-minelab-equinox/

• Like 1

Great to see that you are able to get out and have a break from daddy hood and quarantine. The Equinox 800 with 6" coil in Gold 1 or Gold 2 multi with maybe just a little rejection of -9 and -8 can hunt just about anywhere from my experience successfully. I am really glad it worked out so well for you. 

Have fun,

Jeff

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sourdough Scott said:

Tom, I'm amazed you defected from Whites! Lol.  Nice job on the nuggets.

I think the 24k would have found these just as easy or maybe even easier, but I really like having one machine that can do it all.

The market is getting more and more competitive and it’ll be interesting to see what comes from Fisher and White’s to meet those challenges.

It was great working for White’s and I wish them the best.

Right now I’m waiting for a discriminating ZVT... but with two toddlers I can afford to wait. Most of you guys will be in retirement homes then, so more gold for me 😋

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, tboykin said:

Most of you guys will be in retirement homes then, so more gold for me 😋

Sorry Tom, but we are cleaning it up now so we can pay for the retirement home. But I’ll leave a nugget for you, I promise.😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Tom,

Good hunting and I know when you get out now you cherish your time.  I certainly do.

I'm in your world and in the retirement home world at the same time.  It's been months since I've been on a nugget hunt not because of the lock down but because I'm mostly in charge of our 2.5 year old.  I love the smell of wet diapers in the morning.  haha 

I get to sneak out in the middle of the night or a couple of hours on an afternoon for a beach hunt with the 800.  I'm looking forward to the years coming up where I'll be out with my son and help him find his first nugget.  I hope he does it before he is 5 and it may be with an 800 because I don't think he will be able to handle the weight of a discriminating ZVT.

Mitchel

• Like 3

Yes I can’t wait wait till my kids are old enough to enjoy digging. My wife is not a fan of camping or detecting so I’m hoping at least one of the kids will be into that stuff. But they may not have a choice.

That terrain is amazing looking Tom and glad to see you out there tasting a different variety of detector flavors.  Good to see you enjoying some heavy metal and Spam.  I myself enjoy it and for some reason my wife thinks it is evil.  Thanks for sharing and we need to do a hunt later this summer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Thanks for sharing and we need to do a hunt later this summer.

That would be great. I’ve been researching a few areas between Canyon City and Baker City that you might be interested in as well.

I sold my GPZ when I realized I wouldn’t be detecting as much as I’d like but when I’m in the market for a new one you’ll be my first call Gerry. Luckily it found enough gold when I had it to where it’ll be an easy time convincing the wife.