New Garrett Ace Apex Versus The Rest

On 6/9/2020 at 1:00 AM, Jeff McClendon said:

Respectfully, you reckon wrong on those patents. Most of the other experiences you relayed in your message are your opinions and I respect them. I have not had the same experiences as you for sure.

Jeff

Today i went out with my ET on what is probably the trashiest and difficult beaches in the southeast of the UK . 

It is where I almost always go and even if the Nox was good in parts of those beaches I could not get decent target info or separation of targets . Today my ET found me more in those areas . Still no Gold this year but that's because of the lack of visitors and the Chinese bug.

Afterwards I took my Nox and its coils and other bits I wanted to sell to my dealer and sold them. I have now paid for my Apex and I feel it will be a good machine , its not a main top ender but if its at least as good as an Ace 250 or even a 400i then It will sell well.

I was told by my dealer that the patents for the FBS have all run out so I can only imagine that is where Garrett has got its ideas from.

Where I live near Culpeper Va. I know the Multi Frequency will struggle. All have. Having selectable frequency with the ability to ground balance should help.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 4:43 PM, George Kinsey said:

Where I live near Culpeper Va. I know the Multi Frequency will struggle. All have. Having selectable frequency with the ability to ground balance should help.

Are you talking MDT or Apex?  if you are talking APEX, the Equinox already has the ability to GB and selectable frequency and I have used it to advantage in Culpeper (using gold mode) but have actually had more success with the Deus in hot dirt.  Of course, when my arm and shoulder are up to it, my GPX is the best tool in that dirt.

• 2 weeks later...

say i have seen no depth testing with the Apex, and field trails are on the best metal detecting sites in the world with most items ,NOT deep , I get a bit angry, when they do this , bring the detector to my field, and area, where just about nothing but cut nails , , no its gotta be tested on a colonial site in new england that is loaded and it make the machine seem like its really good  just because its on a good spot .  I would like to see some depth comparisons and nails tests .

If you want competitive depth tests you will have probably have to wait until after the machine is for sale.

All decent VLF detectors made these days get depth within about an inch or less of each other. I’m sure the machine will perform well, and just as sure it won’t somehow blow everything else away.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

If you want competitive depth tests you will have probably have to wait until after the machine is for sale.

All decent VLF detectors made these days get depth within about an inch or less of each other. I’m sure the machine will perform well, and just as sure it won’t somehow blow everything else away.

VLF is pretty much as good in depth at it can be. Its all about recovery speed now.

Interesting that the coil is only 6 in wide. Does that mean it is a slow recovery speed? 

I will compare it to my soon to be had V 540 when get them. 

But as I use the ET I'm not much bothered with hyper fast recovery speed. Just want damned good target info if anything.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 12:11 PM, Nuke em said:

Today i went out with my ET on what is probably the trashiest and difficult beaches in the southeast of the UK . 

It is where I almost always go and even if the Nox was good in parts of those beaches I could not get decent target info or separation of targets . Today my ET found me more in those areas . Still no Gold this year but that's because of the lack of visitors and the Chinese bug.

Afterwards I took my Nox and its coils and other bits I wanted to sell to my dealer and sold them. I have now paid for my Apex and I feel it will be a good machine , its not a main top ender but if its at least as good as an Ace 250 or even a 400i then It will sell well.

I was told by my dealer that the patents for the FBS have all run out so I can only imagine that is where Garrett has got its ideas from.

Firstly hi, long time lurker.

Interesting reason on why you have found no gold this year. Does your ET discriminate out gold that has been dropped before March? I have found a reasonable amount on the same beaches you detect on with the nox, some of which was a nice low tone. If you do not like the tones on these minelab machines it does not take long to change them to whatever sound you prefer. 

On 7/7/2020 at 9:41 AM, Nuke em said:

VLF is pretty much as good in depth at it can be. Its all about recovery speed now.

Interesting that the coil is only 6 in wide. Does that mean it is a slow recovery speed? 

I will compare it to my soon to be had V 540 when get them. 

But as I use the ET I'm not much bothered with hyper fast recovery speed. Just want damned good target info if anything.

You have sold your nox and you are now getting a Vanquish? 

1 hour ago, Sandheron said:

Firstly hi, long time lurker.

Interesting reason on why you have found no gold this year. Does your ET discriminate out gold that has been dropped before March? I have found a reasonable amount on the same beaches you detect on with the nox, some of which was a nice low tone. If you do not like the tones on these minelab machines it does not take long to change them to whatever sound you prefer. 

I have had over 75 Golds on those beaches. 55 with FBS . The Nox just doesn't cut it for me.

But I am getting the Vanquish. 

I want a cheappie backup . Though that could be said of the Apex too. 

I am selling the ORX to pay for the Vanquish. 

I will also use my adapters and Maz Super Red headphones on the 540. Damned good sounds.

Its been quite hard this year on the beaches with all this virus. And our beaches are mostly Silver magnets which I have had lots so far. £665 in coinage to on 30 trips. 

But for me it was the lack of after warranty repair to the Nox box that I don't like. Too costly if it went wrong.