What Is This?

Man I am stumped but that is one beautiful little find regardless of what it is.  If you have FB, I would suggest posting it on the ID Me group page.  I found what turned out to be a brass Army National Guard unit ID pin in Georgetown that was associated with the local Georgetown National Guard unit (made sense).  I had no idea but an ID Me user tagged a clean picture of what it was within about 30 minutes of posting.  Mystery solved.

402551107_20190219_0823591.thumb.jpg.2daa1af6f6f91024d303e20fecdc1d3a.jpg20190219_082356.thumb.jpg.eda2aca04f94e065445c559245137f14.jpg950604919_20190218_1456091.thumb.jpg.3e694e0fb52f73b93ce74a6d79cbfa2b.jpg

True and Tried Pin.png

48 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Man I am stumped but that is one beautiful little find regardless of what it is.  If you have FB, I would suggest posting it on the ID Me group page.

Give detectorprospector.com a chance.  There are several here (a couple in particular) who are amazing at their ability to identify finds.  Of course I say that as a FB ignormamus, but sometimes we wear our perceived shortcomings with pride.  😏

Him going to FB doesn't keep DP folks from chiming in in the meantime.  I thought the idea of DP was to provide advice and help.  I'm pretty good at ID-ing weird stuff that comes out of the ground.  Just providing some additional resources for the OP based on success I have had on that site when I've been left scratching my head.  I understand that FB is not everyone's cup of tea. As such, I have offered in the past to post pics as a proxy for members here who don't have an account.  MD related information is about the only thing I use FB for.

3 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Him going to FB doesn't keep DP folks from chiming in in the meantime.  I thought the idea of DP was to provide advice and help.

All of the above.  Didn't mean what I said to be taken as negative criticism; rather a vote of confidence for this forum.  Having said that, I'm betting on DP.com to provide the answer first, and just as accurate if not more so.

• Like 2

I guess in order to get more DP views, Crosswinds you might consider posting this in https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/forum/46-metal-detecting-for-coins-relics/ as mostly only XP users would do a drive by here if they are not monitoring the all posts ticker.  Definitely don't be shy in showing it off, amazing little treasure whatever it is.