Nokta Fors New 10" x 5.5" Coil Opinion Of Owners Using This Coil

Hi Everyone,

I don't post very much but I have been detecting 4 years now usually 2 to 3 times a week and recently bought one of the new Nokta Fors 10"x 5.5" coils and one of the ears broke after only using it in parks for 3 weeks etc, not in any gold fields which would put it to the test for quality.

I found that the ears are to thin and the holes are too close to the edge which is a weak point for it to break and that's what happen to my coil.

I wish Nokta made this coil with stronger coil ears with more meat around the holes like the other coils provided in the pro-package deals and made it epoxy filled and even if it had to be an open style coil to keep it light, so it could be used in water, as the way it is designed now it is buoyant in water and not suitable for use there.

Anyway I asked for my money back as I did not want a repeat of this coil breaking at the ears again and I would like to hear anyone elses experience with this coil braking at the ears, as I've had no problem with the other coils in the pro-package.

You may have got a coil that had been sitting on a shelf for a spell. It is a known problem with the early coils. My understanding is that the latest coils have been improved.

Since it is a DD coil it cannot be made in an open design but something stouter and less buoyant like the Fisher coil of similar size could have been done. The coil originated as a Makro design and then crossed over to Nokta and so does not really fit in with what Nokta owners are used to seeing.

You may have got a coil that had been sitting on a shelf for a spell. It is a known problem with the early coils. My understanding is that the latest coils have been improved.

Since it is a DD coil it cannot be made in an open design but something stouter and less buoyant like the Fisher coil of similar size could have been done. The coil originated as a Makro design and then crossed over to Nokta and so does not really fit in with what Nokta owners are used to seeing.

Thanks! for your explanation Steve, hope Nokta can come up with a solution to make this New 10"x5.5" coil more robust and more flexible to use in water for gold rings beach detecting etc, as well as reliable for detecting on the harsh gold fields which we need our coils to hold up and last in harsh environments and not break.