With eager anticipation I assume many of the early adopters are currently using the Equinox and as such are addicted to wireless headphones. Recent posts on Bluetooth transmitters by Chase and others have tried the Trond and Tautronics and seem to have more success with the Trond. Which direction are you guys headed on Bluetooth transmitters for the Impulse?

Tim

I just received the latest version of the TaoTronics yesterday as a matter of fact. I was surprised how tiny it is, half what I imagined looking at the pictures. I plan on using a Velcro tab to stick it on my Goldmaster 24K, Time Ranger Pro, DFX, and when I get it, the Impulse. I assume it will work with my Equinox phones, which I am just fine with. Anyway, I wanted one solution that would work for everything. I’ll report back when I get a chance to try it on all my machines.

842D0238-CB59-41C2-B120-34D891B3DA4F.jpeg

• Like 3

Thanks Steve, I have not pulled the trigger yet. One of my pet peaves is USB mini and micro charging plugs. The tiniest piece of debris get in either end of the plug and the charging gets wonky. Really like the newer USB C plug, much easier to clean the debris out.

You know the situation, the plug doesn't mate up perfectly, so you have to hold your mouth just right then balance the cable position just perfect and hope nothing moves. The offending fly speck never just blows out our comes out with a few taps. You have to find a very thin wire the size of frogs hair to dislodge the speck.

I'll let you all know if I find one with USB C port!

Tim

KInd of related to the subject. I have a telephone back up battery pack  that I use to add to my Go Pro's run time. I just turn the Go Pro on and it runs for 6 plus hours..I have it strapped to the top of my head phones on the crossover band. It's been working for over a year now, and I hunt in the water only. Amazing with all of it 3 small plugs I've yet to have a problem. 

The white chamber on the headphones I made to make sure the audio of the detector is fully captured. Something very important for I learn from watching my own video's.

I don't mind the coiled cable on the detector, more of a safety tether for me being in the water mostly

go pro headpones.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Since Steve went with the Tau Tronics i went with the Trond, see if there is any differences. To look at the thing it appears identical to the Tau.

I mated it to a plug I had for my Vallon VMH3  and it works like a champion, I like it a lot.

I see a few practical problems for use on the beach.

-Clearly it isnt wàter tight so no wading. 

-In the picture the blue ring is the switch,  A grain of sand can get in there and I'm sure will mess it up.

-The charging port is also uncovered, in short order the salty beach  mist and fog will do it in.

I have been using a bit electricians tape to cover the openings while I used it on the beach but I dont think it will be practical on the beach with the Impulse AQ. I will be using it for sure with my other land maçhines, the low latency works fine!

Tim

20200622_083429.jpg

I used my Trond on the wet sand for a year with my Tarsacci and never had any problems. I plan on using it with the AQ as well.

It's not likely to ever get wet so I'm not too worried about it.

On 6/8/2020 at 5:23 PM, Tmox said:

Which direction are you guys headed on Bluetooth transmitters

Since the Equinox requires line of sight, it is worthless to me at the beach. There is no where on the front of my body I want that thing. If it is on the machine it is in the splash/wet zone. 

I don’t see how these micro BT transceivers are even practical for use on Impulse given the special connector for the audio output.  The connector alone must weigh more than than twice the Trond module and that is not even accounting for the weight of the patch cable that you would have to custom fabricate yourself.  Besides the module can’t really can’t be exposed to moisture.  For something like this, it would have been preferable for the transmitter to be built into the detector (a la Equinox, Vanquish, Simplex, or Apex).