Moving On With Other Detectors When AQ Is Not Available Outside The Us

After some Disappointment regarding not been able to buy an AQ outside the US ,I'm going to buy a Whites TDI Beachhunter instead.I really wanted to buy one for a long time ago but waited and waited for the AQ to come to market.The problem is IF I know how much longer takes for the REAL improved unit to be released,I could wait,but God knows how long it takes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, PPP said:

After some Disappointment regarding not been able to buy an AQ outside the US ,I'm going to buy a Whites TDI Beachhunter instead.I really wanted to buy one for a long time ago but waited and waited for the AQ to come to market.The problem is IF I know how much longer takes for the REAL improved unit to be released,I could wait,but God knows how long it takes.

If I can Give you an advice, think about the urgency of this machine for You.

Also, with my experience since june 2019 with this toy, I can say that is better to avoid saltwater diving with it, unless you take the risk to change coil and void the warranty.

Conversely, on the beach is a really stable and for the most, a quiet runner even with GB on.

I think there's not so much of a difference between the two machines, only little less "undesired" targets with the AQ(I mean higher conductors), being more oriented to gold range conductivity and without "holes"...Both things can be solved with some experience however.

Just forget the GB knob and dig till your arm is next to brokešŸ¤£...

###############################################

Now, half an hour after, I'm editing this post to add some technical details to better explain my point on that.

I state that I don't know if You're a PI user already and I don't want in any way appear to teach You the work...Just my way and reasons to do my job on the field...

I generally wait for good conditions to avoid terrible effort in the water (no scoop, just fanning the sand with my free arm)...

My "phase one"preferred machine is a VLF as I need to go fast when the bottom is ok to find most valuable targets in relatively short period of time (some hours if You're lucky)...

My "phase two" machine is the PI, only if I think that targets depth is really more than a Vlf can tackle.

Generally I go in places where I know people recently found stuff already, to "clean" with a PI deeper stuff..Ā 

So I leave heavy artillery as a second choice, when there's no hope to hear a signal with my Ctx...

Yesterday I was in the right spot, at the right time, with the right machine, but nothing...Already cleaned by someone faster than me! No point to go there again with a pulse...

Conversely, on another piece of the same beach, which rarely erodes, there are few chanches to find something with a vlf and can be a painful experience with a PI to dig lot of deep aluminium trash...

People think about PI like a life's trouble solution...It is not...

For us the magic still is a hurricane.

Cheers

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Skullgolddiver said:

If I can Give you an advice, think about the urgency of this machine for You.

Also, with my experience since june 2019 with this toy, I can say that is better to avoid saltwater diving with it, unless you take the risk to change coil and void the warranty.

Conversely, on the beach is a really stable and for the most, a quiet runner even with GB on.

I think there's not so much of a difference between the two machines, only little less "undesired" targets with the AQ(I mean higher conductors), being more oriented to gold range conductivity and without "holes"...Both things can be solved with some experience however.

Just forget the GB knob and dig till your arm is next to brokešŸ¤£

Ā 

Thanks for the reply!

I 'm not going to dive but wading in salt water chest deep all the time.How does it perform in that situation? I Heard that it is a Deep machine,have you any comparisson to sea hunter with big coil? Does it go as Deep as sea hunter?

18 minutes ago, PPP said:

Thanks for the reply!

I 'm not going to dive but wading in salt water chest deep all the time.How does it perform in that situation? I Heard that it is a Deep machine,have you any comparisson to sea hunter with big coil? Does it go as Deep as sea hunter?

Sorry, I was editing my post when You writed back...

Thanks to my sore back, I'm doing at the same depth You want to hunt, not wading but snorkeling...This give me the option to go down when I hear a signal and dig it like when I scuba dive...(Useless air consumption looking for targets without clues and terrible weight effort eliminated!) You only need a dry snorkel type and believe me You'll love it!

All I can say about the Tdi downthere is....Noisy!Ā 

There's obviously the way to keep it stable and silent, but is only detuning gain,Ā rising delay and threshold a bitĀ OR turnĀ off GB...

If You keep the slightest treshold sound to hear the really faintest deep signals, You'll also increase the waves signals response by the coil...I mean every single movement of water on You, including the shaft swing to the leftšŸ’€.

Deep...for sure...but the price is patience!

I can't compare it with a Sea Hunter however due to a couple things...

The SH coils are generally blind to really thin targets, unless those really under the coil (seen on Youtube multiple videos)...

The smaller inside coil of the dual field is for sure more sensitive, but I repeat...Cost You more noise!

The depth is for sure another beast, I'll never found a thin band to sound at 35cm far from the coil...I can shoot the proof on camera, even if an air test is pretty useless...with GB off lowest delay and almost no treshold You can hear it!!!

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Skullgolddiver said:

Sorry, I was editing my post when You writed back...

Thanks to my sore back, I'm doing at the same depth You want to hunt, not wading but snorkeling...This give me the option to go down when I hear a signal and dig it like when I scuba dive...(Useless air consumption looking for targets without clues and terrible weight effort eliminated!) You only need a dry snorkel type and believe me You'll love it!

All I can say about the Tdi downthere is....Noisy!Ā 

There's obviously the way to keep it stable and silent, but is only detuning gain,Ā rising delay and threshold a bitĀ OR turnĀ off GB...

If You keep the slightest treshold sound to hear the really faintest deep signals, You'll also increase the waves signals response by the coil...I mean every single movement of water on You, including the shaft swing to the leftšŸ’€.

Deep...for sure...but the price is patience!

I can't compare it with a Sea Hunter however due to a couple things...

The SH coils are generally blind to really thin targets, unless those really under the coil (seen on Youtube multiple videos)...

The smaller inside coil of the dual field is for sure more sensitive, but I repeat...Cost You more noise!

The depth is for sure another beast, I'll never found a thin band to sound at 35cm far from the coil...I can shoot the proof on camera, even if an air test is pretty useless...with GB off lowest delay and almost no treshold You can hear it!!!

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ohh,Thanks again!! The sea hunter is super Deep and that you said about the sea hunter coil which is blind to small targets are absolutly correct! I sa two videos on Youtube from Detectorcomparisson using TDI beachhunter with GB off,full gain in salt water and it was very stable,maybe because there was'nt any wave action there.My problem with the sea hunter is that it is VERY difficult to hear Deep targets because you only get a super tiny change in threshhold which is very easy to miss.My hope for Beachhunter is that I can hear those super tiny Deep whispers with it.By the way I have watched your videos on Youtube andĀ  just can say WooW,awsome hunts and of couars super nice gold rings!!!!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, PPP said:

Ohh,Thanks again!! The sea hunter is super Deep and that you said about the sea hunter coil which is blind to small targets are absolutly correct! I sa two videos on Youtube from Detectorcomparisson using TDI beachhunter with GB off,full gain in salt water and it was very stable,maybe because there was'nt any wave action there.My problem with the sea hunter is that it is VERY difficult to hear Deep targets because you only get a super tiny change in threshhold which is very easy to miss.My hope for Beachhunter is that I can hear those super tiny Deep whispers with it.By the way I have watched your videos on Youtube andĀ  just can say WooW,awsome hunts and of couars super nice gold rings!!!!

Pay attention to that video...The final advice for more depth is really valuable..But don't forget the 14.8V battery pack He's running!

I don't have the technical knowledge to suppose that higher voltage is better or worst than usual 12V original battery, but I can say for sure that withĀ full battery, when I'm approaching the water, the noise is even more than a couple hours after when the battery is going down...

Voltage regulated is a thing and voltage driven, is another...

So, I mean that a more sensitive machine cannot be only deeper, but also more sensitive to environment induced noise too...(The Impulse is been a project to go over this problem)....

In conclusion, I'm now able to say that is better a little "blind"machine in saltwater, which can only sound a certain category of relatively bigger size and conductivity, than a super sensitive one, which force You to elevate to the stars your focus on signals that You can barely understand between noise...

If I leave a broken chain of 4 grams, but I dig Ā two 3.9 grams wedding bands in the same time passed looking for the chain, I'm perfectly fine!

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skullgolddiver said:

Pay attention to that video...The final advice for more depth is really valuable..But don't forget the 14.8V battery pack He's running!

I don't have the technical knowledge to suppose that higher voltage is better or worst than usual 12V original battery, but I can say for sure that withĀ full battery, when I'm approaching the water, the noise is even more than a couple hours after when the battery is going down...

Voltage regulated is a thing and voltage driven, is another...

So, I mean that a more sensitive machine cannot be only deeper, but also more sensitive to environment induced noise too...(The Impulse is been a project to go over this problem)....

In conclusion, I'm now able to say that is better a little "blind"machine in saltwater, which can only sound a certain category of relatively bigger size and conductivity, than a super sensitive one, which force You to elevate to the stars your focus on signals that You can barely understand between noise...

If I leave a broken chain of 4 grams, but I dig Ā two 3.9 grams wedding bands in the same time passed looking for the chain, I'm perfectly fine!

Ā 

OK,You already have TDI,Equinox,CTX,....and still wants to buy an AQ.I want as well an AQ instead of TDI but as i said Before only God knows how long time it will takeĀ  to be able to buy one.Is it Worth waiting(for me) or if there isn't so much differents between these two Machines then I can buy one TDI,or?

10 minutes ago, PPP said:

OK,You already have TDI,Equinox,CTX,....and still wants to buy an AQ.I want as well an AQ instead of TDI but as i said Before only God knows how long time it will takeĀ  to be able to buy one.Is it Worth waiting(for me) or if there isn't so much differents between these two Machines then I can buy one TDI,or?

Save Your money for the AQ.... and wait ....Trust me...

I'm also thinking twice to modify it to obtain Ā quieter operations.

I do water hunting only and I'm not fine with the original coil...ok..... but I'm next to spend the same money the AQ is priced today (even if is only the first prototype) on a machine that is not so good for what I do.

Pointless.....

Just my 2 cents...

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, PPP said:

Also, I don't own the Nox 800...I only tested it for a dealer, shooting the video underwater...

I like it, is lighter than the Ctx, is faster than the Ctx, Is cheaper than the Ctx....A bit more fragile than the Ctx, a bit more noisy than the Ctx,a bit less ID stable and precise than the ctx...Owning a Ctx will I buy it?....Nope

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Skullgolddiver said:

Save Your money for the AQ.... and wait ....Trust me...

I'm also thinking twice to modify it to obtain Ā quieter operations.

I do water hunting only and I'm not fine with the original coil...ok..... but I'm next to spend the same money the AQ is priced today (even if is only the first prototype) on a machine that is not so good for what I do.

Pointless.....

Just my 2 cents...

Ā 

Thanks a lot for your advise and guiedlines! Then i'm going to wait for an AQ in the future and skip buying TDI! In some way it is good that those whom going to buy the AQ Limited Edition with lot of functionality lacks,going to test the machine and rapport how it performs and then when the final unit comes to market we can decide if it is Worth buying or not!CheersĀ 

• Like 3