My Equinox Leaked Today

It ran fine in the water. It was later I was going thru some setting and it was erratic. Jumping all around. Then I saw water leaking out where it's glued.

• Sad 1

Ugh.  At least it is covered under warranty, but sheesh, I have heard far too many of these stories for a supposed waterproof design.  When did you acquire your detector.  I thought this was an early run quality control issue but still hear about it cropping up.

Sorry to hear that.  I received one of the first units available here, but have been chicken to test it.  Has anyone here done the bathtub dunk check or the like and recommend doing it?

6 minutes ago, Skookum said:

Sorry to hear that.  I received one of the first units available here, but have been chicken to test it.  Has anyone here done the bathtub dunk check or the like and recommend doing it?

Yes you should do it, don't want to find out during an actual water hunt and should test it while you are still covered by a warranty.

I got it a week ago. First water hunt. The first one I got when it first came out and used it for 2 years in the water with no leaks. Disappointing.

• Sad 1

• The title was changed to My Equinox Leaked Today

By older stock I meant the dealer had it on the shelf for a long time. I used to buy large volumes. The detector I sold you may have been on the shelf for up to a year. Probably no way for most people to know though. Some machines, like White’s, have a code built into the serial number that tells you date of manufacture.

I can imagine that they saved maybe 3 cents on the sealant skimping.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

I got it a week ago. First water hunt. The first one I got when it first came out and used it for 2 years in the water with no leaks. Disappointing.

Welcome to the club!, Heck mine was only being lightly showered off!