Biggest Gold Find In U.S. This Year & It Was Discovered With SDC 2300

That is a nice find to the finder. Where he found that, numerous pieces like that have been found, not as big though, even by a forum member on this site. Thank you for sharing..

Dave

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

That is outstanding and well done to the lucky finder,what would be the outcome of that find will it be crushed or what ever you guys do with it so that you gain access to the gold from the rock or is it worth more in its current state ie still intact in the rock ?? hope its not a stupid question but always wondered what the outcome would be.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RickUK said:

That is outstanding and well done to the lucky finder,what would be the outcome of that find will it be crushed or what ever you guys do with it so that you gain access to the gold from the rock or is it worth more in its current state ie still intact in the rock ?? hope its not a stupid question but always wondered what the outcome would be.

In Australia a specimen like that is often crushed and melted into an ingot. In the U.S. such specimens are far rarer, and this would command a premium over the gold value left as is or perhaps enhanced with acid treatment.

It's a stunner for sure - thanks for sharing Gerry!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

In Australia a specimen like that is often crushed and melted into an ingot. In the U.S. such specimens are far rarer, and this would command a premium over the gold value left as is or perhaps enhanced with acid treatment.

Steve, about how much is that worth?

10 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Steve,as usual a terrific reply,thanks very much and i finally understand what its outcome will probably be.

Beautiful piece for sure, and glad to know that there are still some items like that to be found.

One of these days I am going to that area to try my luck at finding something like that.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

The finder should see Klunker's guy to assess the rock's ability to withstand treatment or leave it as is.  A connectivity test has probably been done.

Here is a discussion we have going about largest Arizona nuggets of all time.

• Like 1