Biggest Gold Find In U.S. This Year & It Was Discovered With SDC 2300

Awesome find, congratulations! I see on the pic that sensitivity was at 4. I wish I could go that high in the highly mineralized grounds here without the treshold going berserk. But I bet this one would have been an equal loud screamer at 1 or even in salt mode. That's why you should dig everything and not always assume it's a beer can when your headset blows off.

• Like 1

Stunning find, congratulations to Ron for recovering it, and, especially for his perseverance in digging that deep. I guesstimate that it has about 25 square inch surface area (7" by 3.5+") and with 17 ozt AU content, and only 16" deep, the ear-bashing Ron likely got could have made him. conclude it was large iron trash. But, no, he kept at it. Well done! 

• Like 2

Reminds me of a similar story Woody Woodworth told me about his first foray with a metal detector in 1977 at a location he had personally drywashed in the 1930's. First signal was a rusty 1930's-era tin can. "Probably one I discarded." The next 5 signals were also cans. Signal 7 was a stunning 3.5 ounce chunk of the Most Happy Yellow Metal. Yeah, this post just might revive the "dig 'em all" debate. HH Jim