Biggest Gold Find In U.S. This Year & It Was Discovered With SDC 2300

On 6/10/2020 at 8:05 PM, RickUK said:

what would be the outcome of that find will it be crushed or what ever you guys do with it so that you gain access to the gold from the rock or is it worth more in its current state ie still intact in the rock ?? hope its not a stupid question but always wondered what the outcome would be.

Not a stupid question at all and in fact I get asked it quite often.  In this case when there is quite a bit of visible gold and it is of substantial size, most of us will keep it as is so we can hopefully get more than actual gold value.  If there was very little visible gold and or a smaller piece, many of them get processed.  In all my years of chasing gold, I just recently crushed some high grade ore as I felt it would be hard to try to sell and make anything more than actual gold value?  This prized rare museum quality Arizona gold will probably end up in a Private Collection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Gerry in Idaho

Gerry,thanks for your reply,as you can tell we dont in theory have such things as nuggets or gold in it natural form,but of course we do find some pretty decent gold items/object ie coinage and other highly desirable objects going back 1000s of years albeit not as far back as when gold was formed in the ground but the common denominator is still the old yellow stuff its just in a different format 🙂

Once again thanks Gerry for your reply and stay safe and well.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 7:33 AM, tvanwho said:

wish I could find a used 2300 ?

-Tom V.

Your wish has become true.  The SDC-2300 will ship tomorrow.  Good to hear from you after all these years.  I still remember our hunts up at Ganes Creek AK together.  Fund times and some nice gold too.