Equinox Waterproof Headphone Question

Dan(NM)

I need to get a quality pair of waterproof headphones for the Nox. My question is, what kind of sound do the piezo's give compared to speakers? I doubt I'll spend much  time, if any, under water. Tony's phones are my first pick if I get piezos, LS Pelso if I go with speakers. Thanks.

A lot depends on how deep in the water you plan to go.  Speakers won't do well below the surface as the water may dampen the speaker movement and thus the sound.  Piezos will perform better under water.  If you don't plan on diving I'd go with the Pelsos.  I have a pair and the sound is decent.  They will sound better than the piezos out of the water.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TedinVT said:

A lot depends on how deep in the water you plan to go.  Speakers won't do well below the surface as the water may dampen the speaker movement and thus the sound.  Piezos will perform better under water.  If you don't plan on diving I'd go with the Pelsos.  I have a pair and the sound is decent.  They will sound better than the piezos out of the water.

I must say, however, that for piezos, Tony's phones sound pretty good above and below the waterline.  I have Pelsos and some modified GG amphibs with Tony's piezo drivers.  Tony's are not as loud as the Pelso's but Tony's drivers fixed what was basically an unusable muddled GG stock amphib pair that he modified for me for EQ use.  I can only imagine his full up phones are indeed as good as people say they are based on what he did to fix the GGs.  If you need to go with something that can just survive occasional dunking, the Pelsos sound great and can be used full time.