Relic Hunt With The Tarsacci

Took the Tarsacci out relic hunting in a place we've hit pretty hard in the past. Site has a moderate amount of iron and most of the targets that are left are pretty deep. I used disc mode set at -30, sensitivity 7, threshold -2,  18 KHz, GB at 757, salt balance at 41 and black sand OFF. As you can see it does pretty well at picking up both small and large targets.

20200611_190339.jpg

• Like 7

The tiny pistol percussion cap speaks for itself in your 750 dirt, that’s where the Tarsacci shines! Good stuff, thanks for sharing!

how were the tones on those various items....cleaner on the round ones, or couldnt tell a difference until you dug them up?  Did you get fooled much by iron, and how much junk did you dig to get those?

Thanks.

All those targets had very clean signals and varied in depth from 2" to 12". The round balls are very clean on the Tarsacci unlike a lot of other detectors, with the exception of the Equinox. Most iron junk is easy to tell on the Tarsacci (some flat tin and washer type targets can still fool you) The ID numbers will usually jump around a lot, both positive and negative. I circle around the target (conditions allowing) and if the ID stays positive it's usually ferrous. On that hunt I only dug two non-ferrous items, 1 was a round can lid (which sounded good) the other was a piece of wire (which I was pretty certain it was going to be junk but dug it anyway). The Tarsacci has far less falsing than the VLF machines I usually use, so it's a real pleasure to run in junk. There are other machines that unmask better, but overall I'm liking the Tarsacci more and more every time i take it out.

• Like 2