Nox & GMX On Deep 14k White Gold Kid Sub Gram Ring

Burying this small ring at 8" in 4 bar  Gmx dirt  I grabbed the  Nox for a front yard  test. It is  semi high emi  area.I used  park1   first and  could    get   some what stable at a sen. of 19 with F2 at 0 and 50tone.All I got was a small  broken sound.I put it in Park 2 and every thing the same and I got a much  stronger signal with good id hits mixed with some iron.It got better or worse if  I turned on  target.I then put it in gold 2 and tried multi   freq. first at 19  sens.   It gave a solid hit  and not bad  id.In 20  kz in same mode I could bump up  sens to 22  and it gave a strong signal with id all over the place. I   then put it in 40 kz and I could put the sen. at 24 and it gave a very strong signal with id all over the place.  The Recovery speed was 4 on all   tests.I then tried the Whites Gmx with the 4by6 dd coil and it did not  give a sound.I will try the 6' coil for Gmx next. 

• Like 3

I tried the 6" Gmx coil on the same target.It gave me a soft signal that would make me dig it.When I turned on  target  the signal was more broken.This coil was much more stable then 4by6.I wonder if the 4by 6 is a bad coil  since it gives   false signals  when I lift it up.The 6inch does not.It makes me wonder how good a 6inch concentric  would work on Nox for small   targets.Would you buy one if they made it? I will try  6inch coil on Nox next.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Nox & GMX On Deep 14k White Gold Kid Sub Gram Ring

On small gold the Nox will hit in Park 2 and Gold modes. The other modes won't hit them. I tried all the modes on a gold chain, very light gold cross and a tiny piece of gold off an earring. I noticed with Gmx that the deep signals are very soft hits. That's just the way it is. I really would like to see concentric coils for the Equinox. I don't know if it is possible with multi frequency. You will find smaller targets with the Gmx.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

On small gold the Nox will hit in Park 2 and Gold modes. The other modes won't hit them. I tried all the modes on a gold chain, very light gold cross and a tiny piece of gold off an earring. I noticed with Gmx that the deep signals are very soft hits. That's just the way it is. I really would like to see concentric coils for the Equinox. I don't know if it is possible with multi frequency. You will find smaller targets with the Gmx.

I had a slightly bigger 14 k  white  gold ring     buried at 7"for   2 years and GMX and 6"  coil hit it very nice.The Gmx 4by 6 will be nice  when I only want to go shallow.I will try   testing some chains after.The   ring I just did my testing on barely fits on my pinky.

Sounds like you are having fun.