Impulse AQ Yes But Which Digging Tool

With the Impulse AQ:fisher: opening a new chapter on depth on Heavy and light gold ring, i am wondering which sand scoop or digging tools tester will use .

I know for a fact that Le Jag(Denis) is using a beast of a scoop 3mm thick with an unbreakable shaft.

I myself broke many,but with my deep holes experience i am wondering if i am adding 20% depth and 50% extra positive ID(which will make you believe it is defo Gold),which tool will be needed.........and maybe ask Zeus to give us the stamina of 2 Hercules.

I am expecting to see a lot of broken tools .

RR

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My advice is pack  two of everything just in case something breaks. I've been a faint signal hunter for several years now, One thing it's not really the scoop part but how you have the handle setup to work for you. I've got a grippy mix of epoxy and sand to help me grip and pull the handle. Then I have a couple of pull donuts on the handle. For me it's about getting the sand/gravel/clay/oyster shell mix out of the deep hole. There have been times where I would be kicking the back of the handle right above the kick plate on the scoop just to get it to go deeper. One just has to be careful they don't start a target that will be to deep to get too. I hate leaving targets behind.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

My advice is pack  two of everything just in case something breaks. I've been a faint signal hunter for several years now, One thing it's not really the scoop part but how you have the handle setup to work for you. I've got a grippy mix of epoxy and sand to help me grip and pull the handle. Then I have a couple of pull donuts on the handle. For me it's about getting the sand/gravel/clay/oyster shell mix out of the deep hole. There have been times where I would be kicking the back of the handle right above the kick plate on the scoop just to get it to go deeper. One just has to be careful they don't start a target that will be to deep to get too. I hate leaving targets behind.

I step on mine at 90 degrees like a spade/shovel its 28cm long in total (11 inches) so by the time you are at your 2nd scoopful you must be around 17/18" fishing weight sink deep........i also pack a spade with me but i know when i use my PI its a scoop and nothing else

RR

• Like 2

Your more efficient then me, I've dug a few 20 plus inch / 51cm holes the past few weeks with my scoop, took me at least 4 scoops. This subject came up on a facebook page on LE JAGS scoop. His first then mine..

92520094_3047625028638729_7021750287433990144_o.jpg

91961446_3047588441975721_2130095060585283584_o.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Your more efficient then me, I've dug a few 20 plus inch / 51cm holes the past few weeks with my scoop, took me at least 4 scoops. This subject came up on a facebook page on LE JAGS scoop. His first then mine..

I step on mine with all my body weight :)but it is rarely gold........................................your scoop look MASSIVES

RR

• Like 1

My favorite by far is a rare model that Keene sold for a couple years. The one in the far left in the photo below. The lakes I work in often have hard packed rock areas to work in. The scoop is a very stout stainless steel construction that has taken a lot of abuse with just minimal bending on the bottom from prying too hard on embedded rocks. Very stout handle with not a bit of give. I got the large two piece aluminum travel scoop for a trip I took once, but never used it afterwards since I prefer the stainless one so much, so that scoop got sold.

steve-herschbach-beach-scoop-collection.jpg

stainless-steel-beach-scoop.jpg

• Like 2

Tom I think you will find yourself liking that SS 720i hybrid with a CF handle that Joe has posted. They offer a 920i also that’s a beast. You can pry a car up with either one and the CF handle will not break. Give it a try. You gunna like it. I prefer my DiAblo with 0 welds until I’m in rock. Then Chucks 720i comes out. Been prying boulders up for years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Carolina said:

Tom I think you will find yourself liking that SS 720i hybrid with a CF handle that Joe has posted. They offer a 920i also that’s a beast. You can pry a car up with either one and the CF handle will not break. Give it a try. You gunna like it. I prefer my DiAblo with 0 welds until I’m in rock. Then Chucks 720i comes out. Been prying boulders up for years.

Any pics or links please

Thanks

RR

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

My favorite by far is a rare model that Keene sold for a couple years. The one in the far left in the photo below. The lakes I work in often have hard packed rock areas to work in. The scoop is a very stout stainless steel construction that has taken a lot of abuse with just minimal bending on the bottom from prying too hard on embedded rocks. Very stout handle with not a bit of give. I got the large two piece aluminum travel scoop for a trip I took once, but never used it afterwards since I prefer the stainless one so much, so that scoop got sold.

Will share pics of my collection when i am back on the coast ,i m in London for a week.

RR