Impulse AQ Yes But Which Digging Tool

1 hour ago, Rivers rat said:

Any pics or links please

Thanks

RR

There are only 3 DiAblo scoops in existence now. Never went into production. The 720i and 920i are offered by Sunspot scoops. Stealth scoop. Just google Sunspot scoops. Stavr Scoops out of Ukraine offer some nice scoops reasonably priced. XTreme offers a nice scoop also although I have never used one. The DiAblo duck bill and the Sunspot stealth 720i cover all my needs here on the east coast.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Your more efficient then me, I've dug a few 20 plus inch / 51cm holes the past few weeks with my scoop, took me at least 4 scoops. This subject came up on a facebook page on LE JAGS scoop. His first then mine..

91961446_3047588441975721_2130095060585283584_o.jpg

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the stainless vs titanium?

Thanks

Tim

it all depends if you hunt at low tide
or in the water
at low tide / like me / a very solid gamatte is preferable
most important / for me
it's the tilt of the handle
in this position / I keep my back straight
less fatigue / and I get on the Gamatte
my 95 kilos do the rest 😁
3mm stainless steel / and unbreakable fiber handle
no holes / too close to the weld lines (less breakage)
allows to carry masses of compact sand
without fear of breaking and without wasting time
the faster the target will be released = the more gold you will find...

51.JPG

8.JPG

• Like 4

I think Titanium would be seriously expensive to fabricate into a scoop....

A few years ago I got a couple of scoops from beachscoops.com or something like that out of Miami.  The price was reasonable.  They are all stainless.  I didn't know they were being shipped from Lithuania.  After a couple of months I didn't get them and I emailed the seller.  He said his shipper had sent them to the wrong address and sure enough about two weeks later I got them.  They were labeled as muffler parts for import purposes.  

They are that sturdy.  I have a picture of one of them.  It weighs 4 lbs and has a 6.75 x 6.0 " basket with a 42 inch handle.  It will pry out all wet sand!

IMG_0299.thumb.JPG.64a7eba81105b074b78cea25a40fee57.JPGIMG_0297.thumb.JPG.b3c2700f50338916913cf9c1d9c3f8a9.JPGIMG_0301.thumb.JPG.982cb265a9fd7d5e82a48d3b374dec32.JPGIMG_0300.thumb.JPG.b967ff43965b97f7595c1b2bb98e4749.JPG

• Like 1

A tiny scoop like that isn't going to dig deep enough for the Impulse.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Badger-NH said:

A tiny scoop like that isn't going to dig deep enough for the Impulse.

I agree i dont have a AQ but my pulse is forcing me to dig big holes.I also realise that u need to check ur gear more often when you deeper as the shaft or the actually scoop itself will suffer.

Checks are in my opinion much more needed than on a spade to dig in the field.

RR

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2020 at 4:38 PM, Carolina said:

There are only 3 DiAblo scoops in existence now. Never went into production. The 720i and 920i are offered by Sunspot scoops. Stealth scoop. Just google Sunspot scoops. Stavr Scoops out of Ukraine offer some nice scoops reasonably priced. XTreme offers a nice scoop also although I have never used one. The DiAblo duck bill and the Sunspot stealth 720i cover all my needs here on the east coast.

I would like to withdraw my support for the 920i and 720i Stealth scoops and any others offered by Sunspot at this time. I understand now they are under new management. Thanks

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

3 hours ago, Carolina said:

I would like to withdraw my support for the 920i and 720i Stealth scoops and any others offered by Sunspot at this time. I understand now they are under new management. Thanks

I was told that a Chinese company in California bought them out. I have no first hand knowledge but I shall dig deeper. My information came from a you tuber well known from Virginia Beach. I also have a friend that sent his scoop in for repair and it went to California. Anyone else hear anything?