Impulse AQ Yes But Which Digging Tool

10 minutes ago, Carolina said:

I was told that a Chinese company in California bought them out. I have no first hand knowledge but I shall dig deeper. My information came from a you tuber well known from Virginia Beach. I also have a friend that sent his scoop in for repair and it went to California. Anyone else hear anything?

Well I have found out it is a Vietnamese Company that had nothing to do with sand scoops when they bought the company. They are in California and weld SS grills and other SS products. I do not know their quality of work though. I will check with my friend and let you know his thoughts.

10 minutes ago, barryny said:

...you're gonna need a bigger scoop...🤣

Oh the original 720i and my DiAblo will handle any substrate and any depth required. Ask olebeechnut. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carolina said:

I was told that a Chinese company in California bought them out. I have no first hand knowledge but I shall dig deeper. My information came from a you tuber well known from Virginia Beach. I also have a friend that sent his scoop in for repair and it went to California. Anyone else hear anything?

The company is located in Orange County CA.  There’s a new member here that goes by the name KOB and he’s been to the facility to buy a scoop from them.

Here are mines 2 are i think reproduction of US models

1st one is back up 

2nd one just arrived

3 rd one is my to go with PI

4th was made by Starv scoop for the Thames it s inverted to be use like a rake in mud and gravel

5th is British made won't last long on deeper holes but good with VLF lot of holes so good water flow

RR

thumbnail-1.jpeg

thumbnail-2.jpeg

thumbnail-4.jpeg

thumbnail-5.jpeg

thumbnail-3.jpeg

I'm sticking with my 720i. I like the pointed front for digging in shells or rocks but even that it can be a challenge sometimes. It also has a lifetime warranty along with the carbon fiber handle. I think the most important thing is to KNOW where your target is before digging and not rush into slamming the first scoop. Time used with the same scoop works for me as it is a learning process for the correct angle of digging to secure your target with as few scoops as possible and knowing your machines sounds to help dictate how deep the target is. This is all "in the sand / water" digging of course.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, okara gold said:

I'm sticking with my 720i. I like the pointed front for digging in shells or rocks but even that it can be a challenge sometimes. It also has a lifetime warranty along with the carbon fiber handle. I think the most important thing is to KNOW where your target is before digging and not rush into slamming the first scoop. Time used with the same scoop works for me as it is a learning process for the correct angle of digging to secure your target with as few scoops as possible and knowing your machines sounds to help dictate how deep the target is. This is all "in the sand / water" digging of course.

They are excellent scoops. Chuck sold the company to a Vietnamese owned company in California. I read that their SS was not up to par but do not know. My friend just sent his in for a crack in the retaining ring and his CF scoop for the retaining nut in the bottom.Just got a letter that they are replacing both under lifetime warranty. That is a good thing. I will post the quality of replacements when they come in.

8 hours ago, Carolina said:

They are excellent scoops. Chuck sold the company to a Vietnamese owned company in California. I read that their SS was not up to par but do not know. My friend just sent his in for a crack in the retaining ring and his CF scoop for the retaining nut in the bottom.Just got a letter that they are replacing both under lifetime warranty. That is a good thing. I will post the quality of replacements when they come in.

Can't be any worse then my "No Longer" hunting Partner said his son did welding. My 720 had a cracked support...So I told him only weld it if he TIG Welds it.......Very nice of him to do it for free but I was very upset when I seen he welded it with a stick welder with regular welding rod...

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 12:07 PM, Carolina said:

Well my friend got his CF handle back and his 720i scoop. They replaced both. The handle seems to be a close match to the original but the scoop not so much. One spin in the salt water and the next day shows rust. The retaining rings have a different pattern or design and the support rods are welded to the front of the ring rather than towards the back. That prevents using the long end of the Allen wrench at first to speed spin the bolt up tight. The support bracket blocks the Allen bolt so the 90 degree end must be used at all times. The scoop belly pan is different also. The old scoop had the complete belly pan full of holes. The new scoop has a 1/2” solid strip at all the angle breaks front to back. Not sure if the SS is 1 1/2 mm vs 2 mm and they are for strength. Turn around time was fast though so we will see how both hold up.