This Man With This Thing In His Hand.... AQ Obn Video!

Come on Joe.....into the waves and swell like a real pirate. This calm lake hunting must get boring (except for the gold)........if you’re not getting upended and tossed around in 4 foot breakers and spending 5 minutes trying to find your scoop then you’re missing out on the real fun......😜😜

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tony said:

Come on Joe.....into the waves and swell like a real pirate. This calm lake hunting must get boring (except for the gold)........if you’re not getting upended and tossed around in 4 foot breakers and spending 5 minutes trying to find your scoop then you’re

missing out on the real fun......😜😜

Its a little noisy during the adjusting and going back in the water but once the coil is flat on the bottom and moving very little noise. Video really does not show how washing machine the conditions were. Later I did discover when taking the coil back into the water you tip it on it's side and take it under. It reduced the noise until you leveled the coil out then all would go silent. I was really surprised how well it did. The settings here were Delay 11, ATS 0, sensitivity 8, volume 6, threshold 4/5, then mute mod... 3 hour hunt, no problems. It will be out a lot more once I get the new battery made for it. 

• Like 2

Congrats Joe on getting your AQ. You should never feel guilty or worried about getting your machine first.  You are a dedicated water hunter with lots of experience. You deserve to get one, as Steve does as well. We appreciate seeing your results and sharing your first impressions of it. So far I'm seeing the learning curve is rather small. It seems like a few trips out and it becomes a very predictable machine.  It seems very stable considering the wave action. How did it handle the local EMI?

• Like 2

The settings here were Delay 11, ATS 0, sensitivity 8, volume 6, threshold 4/5, then mute mod... 3 hour hunt, no problems.

Joe,  You mention using a delay of 11. Did you have to use a higher delay because of the water depth / wave action?

• Like 1

On 6/14/2020 at 10:00 AM, PPP said:

WooW,so impressive depth!! was that hunt in salt water or lake? I would love to see how this machine react  in wave action.

Dang!! you are awesome Joe! In the video I hear some faint signals which I would dig and you didn't and you find a real signal which turns out to be Gold.That's a comparison between my ears and a PRO ears that makes such a huge different! Great job! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PPP said:

Dang!! you are awesome Joe! In the video I hear some faint signals which I would dig and you didn't and you find a real signal which turns out to be Gold.That's a comparison between my ears and a PRO ears that makes such a huge different! Great job! 

Old ears here buddy....The video does not share the full volume on the targets all of the time...so the video volume can be a little off (Normal or faded) .... The Go Pro has 3 holes for the micro phone to capture the audio and for some reason it will switch from one Mic to the next which causes the audio to fade in and out..only if I use the external speaker, like I used in the test can you really hear the normal audio. That make sense..?

Go to 1:10 in this video..as I am Pin Pointing the target you will hear the audio fade out then come back..............6 minute video also...Very first time I was in the water with the AQ, and very first target I dug with it, and first target of the day...so excuse my poor pinpointing...I've got it perfect now so I will share more later...so go to 1:10 in the video to see the fading of the audio.. All metal hunting..

OO and the "AQ" loves to go off when your scoop is several feet away, I learned as the scoop comes around the "AQ" goes far right, then after all is dug the scoop goes far left then the "AQ" can come back around.

Also notice one reason I chose this spot was those big power lines up in the right hand corner, after 3 minutes you can see them in the video...

And something else, I have No problem giving away the location...for I know "Unless you have a AQ your not going to like this spot" It's been hammered for years and years by almost every machine made.....And I even mined it with my sifter and scoop............but the "AQ" lights this place up still.

OBN-0002.jpg

In the 1950's 

OBN0302.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

WOW ! I don't know how you do to swing with an ATS at 0, it's incredible, even Le.Jag doesn't do that!

Personally I would set the ATS to minimum 6 or even 8 to no longer have any variations underwater. 

Sure I would lose sensitivity but then I would try to decrease the delay and increase the sensitivity.

I would also try another strategy which consists in putting the volcanic mode under water, it is a mute mode in more ferocious! So there you can imagine to decrease the delay and maintain a low ATS and increase the sensitivity...

There are so many settings to try, it will take months! and you will have a lot of fun and surprises.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1