Fisher Impulse And The " No Holes " Claim

7 minutes ago, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

I repeat :
Let us take an example, on the conductivity scale of a White's Spectrum XLT, the non-ferrous going from 0 to +94 and the ferrous 0 to -95.
The IMPULSE AQ detects all targets with a VDI ranging from 0 to 58 as being valid targets.
And the IMPULSE AQ will minimize the loss of depth on the highest VDIs. (almost 55)

It will therefore detect between 59 and  94 the targets as invalid

If your coin is at 75 it will not detect it.

If this is the case then this is not a 'hole' per se as much as it is a total elimination of a range of upper targets.  It would be just a reject of the top end.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

If this is the case then this is not a 'hole' per se as much as it is a total elimination of a range of upper targets.  It would be just a reject of the top end.

Yes that's what Carl explained ! 😉

And since all gold jewelry is not located in the upper part, there is no hole in the conductivity of gold jewelry.

If you take an ingot of one kilo it will be in the upper part so it will be rejected in MUTE, detected in TONE MODE with a low tone.

These detection modes are really made for beginners, because the expert detects in ALL METAL mode and 99% of ferrous metals are easily identified with a double beep.

4 minutes ago, vive equinox said:

I don't know if I understood correctly, according to the table we lose the item number 16 with the AQ, it’s a common gold ring that we dont want loose it, did i misunderstand or can you explain ? 

It's a mistake the VDI cannot be at 63 for 3grs 18k, it's maybe 33 ... I verify...

I wrote this on paper and then I copied it into excel, I could make typing errors

3 minutes ago, vive equinox said:

So this means that we lose all 3-4 gram rings in 18k?!? it's annoying 🤔

No it is an error in the table, you can not have 3grs of 18k gold at 63! It's 33...

To reach a VDI of 63 you need more than 35 grams of 18k gold

• Like 4

I will have to look at it more closely but I find some gold rings in my coin 'ranges' so those will be unseen/unheard by default?  Would there be an 'option' to hear or see those targets?

If I were to compare this to my 800 is the detect range from about 3 to 17 and everything else rejected?

11 minutes ago, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

Non c'est une erreur dans le tableau, vous ne pouvez pas avoir 3grs d'or 18 carats à 63! Il est 33 ...

Pour atteindre un VDI de 63, vous avez besoin de plus de 35 grammes d'or 18 carats

Although I do not know this white, this vdi so high surprised me ...

out of curiosity , do you know the scale of euros with this white? I guess we obviously don’t lose them with AQ

You have said in the past that the AQ does not discriminate red centimes euros, but what about when they are all corroded and swollen as it is in the sand?

3 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

I will have to look at it more closely but I find some gold rings in my coin 'ranges' so those will be unseen/unheard by default?  Would there be an 'option' to hear or see those targets?

If I were to compare this to my 800 is the detect range from about 3 to 17 and everything else rejected?

The range of VDI with your 800 is not the same moreover it is too tight to be valid.

If you take an ingot of one kilo it will be in the upper part so it will be rejected in MUTE, detected in TONE MODE with a low tone.

These detection modes are really made for beginners, because the expert detects in ALL METAL mode and 99% of ferrous metals are easily identified with a double beep.

So if I adjust a TDI so the ground balance is mid-range, we have a hole. But if I adjust it to either extreme, I’m just rejecting the top end or the low end. It no longer a hole, but a cut off! :smile:

Semantics, my friends, semantics. I did agree in my original post that there is no hole in the  intended target range of the AQ, so basically I’m being a butt head. I’m amazed you guys put up with me. I drive my wife crazy at times, now you know why! :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

That’s quite a soft sell of the true ground breaking feature some people are focused on. That’s one reason I’m dredging all this up. But truth be told, I’m usually one of those all metal guys myself.

Well, I’ve stirred the pot hard, you all have fun while I go open this box that just arrived from Fisher! :smile:

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1