Fisher Impulse And The " No Holes " Claim

53 minutes ago, Tony said:

Will Platinum be “captured” in any other mode except All Metal. 
Potentially losing “big gold” would also force me into All Metal.......and that is fine by me. I have very little iron junk on my beaches which is also a bonus.

Platinum rings are like gold rings... they can be all over the conductivity range depending on size, thickness, & alloy. Generally you want to hunt in all-metal whenever possible. Use Tone mode when there are a lot of nails or when you get tired of digging clad. Use Mute mode when there is so much iron it's too noisy (like, say, a beach fire pit area).

• Like 5

Interesting that accomplished beach hunters do the same thing with the current best tool for the job, the Excalibur and the CZ-21 are almost always used in all metal (I think that’s PinPoint on the Excal, correct me if that ain’t right. The AQ is the same. If you want the maximum of sensitivity - either for really deep stuff or jus weak signals from smaller stuff a ways down,  you will do like Denis (LE.JAG) does and hunt in all metal - listening VERY closely for nice “round” returns or those little “breaths” in the threshold which betray something at the edge of detection.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Geotech said:

Platinum rings are like gold rings... they can be all over the conductivity range depending on size, thickness, & alloy. Generally you want to hunt in all-metal whenever possible. Use Tone mode when there are a lot of nails or when you get tired of digging clad. Use Mute mode when there is so much iron it's too noisy (like, say, a beach fire pit area).

(Sorry, didn’t mean for the thread to drift off topic....)

I find with Platinum (big and small) is most seem to fall very low on the conductivity scale unlike gold with its much wider range of alloys. All of my platinum finds are either 900 or 950 and just the one at 850. I recall nearly passing up a 10 gram Platinum ring with my Excalibur as it sounded like a chunk of foil 😳

Free!! With the first 50 Impulses sold! 👍👍

20200614_001745.jpg

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Free!! With the first 50 Impulses sold! 👍👍

20200614_001745.jpg

Might need the next model up.......😳

18 hours ago, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

Hello,

Regarding a metal detector model for finding gold nuggets, I would not comment today.

Regarding the IMPULSE AQ, there is no problem in the conductivity scale of the low conductors.

Let us take an example, on the conductivity scale of a White XLT Spectrum, the non-ferrous going from 0 to +94 and the ferrous 0 to -95.
The AQ pulse detects all targets with a VDI ranging from 0 to 58 as being valid targets.
And the IMPULSE AQ will minimize the loss of depth on the highest VDIs. (almost 55)

VIDEO HERE (Sorry for the rude English)

Many thanks for your video showing us "the beast"at work in details!

I only wait to have mine downhere in Italy🌡️

On 6/13/2020 at 6:12 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Seriously, after digging holes in tailing piles day in and day out, junk for days on end for a nugget or two, beach and water detecting is a literal walk in the park. Digging in sand... what a treat!

I have abandoned the dig on many targets in the wet sand because the hole fills too fast and my arms just won't let me get the target.  Granted this was not with my best digging tool but this was also years ago as well as recently.  I can slow down and keep digging on a desert but not in a wave.

• Like 1