I did a little trading and have an orx coming with the x35 coil. I picked this up to partner with the Equinox 800. 

• Like 1

The XP Orx is an excellent machine on high iron trashed areas , the Equinox prefers low/medium iron trashed areas .  So a good thing to have both...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What is an X19 coil?

1 hour ago, Tom Slick said:

What is an X19 coil?

Lol oops I meant x35 coil🤔

I have the Nox 800 and ORX team. I have others also but I usually have the Nox and ORX with me when I go detecting. 

• Like 4

Good choice. I have a Nox 600 and Two XP Orx’s. I have all the coils except the biggest. The Nox and Orx compliment each other well. My preference for the Orx is bc I hunt wooded areas with a lot of slopes trees and large boulders and the Orx is more maneuverable. Also bc of coils. What would even things up would be a 9” round or 10”x 7” elliptical coil for the equinox- but that might never happen. Orx is close to perfect machine. All I’d add is a multi- tone option. 

Be sure to post your impressions after you’ve given it a try or two 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Tom Slick said:

I have the Nox 800 and ORX team. I have others also but I usually have the Nox and ORX with me when I go detecting. 

I have a very similar dream team ... 🙂 ;  a Vanquish 540 and a Deus ws4 HF 9in  …  Both great machines ..

• Like 3

You're going to enjoy it. Try to get an hf coil too. If you hunt in the water, the waterproof kit is great.

• Thanks 1

I dont own a Orx but i do own and use a Deus infact 2 of them one with the LF coil and the other setup using my favourite combination the HF elliptical coil,also own and use a Equinox and between these 2 machines they cover about 95% of my detecting needs.The HP elliptical coil excels on my roman/saxon sites as some of these can be heavily contaminated by iron and other non desirables and target separation and quick recovery speed is what the XP machines excel at.

But the Equinox is king on pasture sites,still basically is my backup machine as yet it still has not taken the crown as my favourite detector from the Deus.

• Like 3

Well I've got to take the ORX out some and I'm liking it fine. Like any new machine it'll take time but the im6 pinpointer is awesome. I just got it and have only used it once but I love it! If minelab could come up with a pinpointer that paired with the Equinox I would have one. 

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Kaolin washer
      Today i did some testing with the ORX and the HF 9" coil in 13.3 KHZ on an 8" dime a 6" dime and a 7" penny in ground , and experimented and kept changing things and observing  and found i got the best hit on the targets at coin fast with a reaction of 2.5, and 13.3 KHZ 80 gain, the 80 gain was because higher in this mineralized sand chokes the signal  well after all that testing i got up to the hill of many nails and started swinging,  i dug several flat irons and cut nails , but then i got a nice two way signal and dug down a solid 7" and up comes a VF 1882 indian head penny . the soil hear is kind to copper  but i was just thrilled  the ORX really came thru even as a coin hunter  in fact this is the 1st coin off this hill with any detector

• By Kaolin washer
      Just got the HF 9 so i took it out for its 1st run on the hill of nails , this has been pounded till nothing sounds off  but this combo maniged to pull two targets out in about 10 Minutes and the 1st one had 3 nails in the hole . The rivit washer really suprized me becuase it came in so clear in the one spot i always detect. I can only say this thing really can find the leftovers that nothing els can find  Now i dug a few false cut nails but it was giving off the iron sound mixed in . but that ting you see that was a solid 14" deep and it was making a sound like a silver coin makes and repeatable . i was about to stop digging because i knew no silver coin would be that deep as 7" is about max for this 54KHZ if you really listen , but then i hit the ring .  not a bad coil at all

• By Kaolin washer
      Working with the ORX in Gold 1 .  Using 27.6 KHZ and came up with a setting that hears the Nickle without cracking but gives the iron away . as iron . The Reactivity is on 2.5, the IAR on 3 and sens on 90, all targets buried at 5"  --NO.1 Nickel, NO.2 rusty bottle cap, NO .3 flat iron about the size of a U,S quarter, NO .4 a bent cut nail.

• By Kaolin washer
      Took the ORX out in the gravle road after it rained. wanted to try my copper nugget setting and look for copper . I have found copper nuggets in this gravle before  but was using the Racer in all metal , and i was digging alot of iron. the 1st picture is of the nuggets i found in the past  in this road, the one went thru the crusher and got made square, you can see another still in the rock , (looks like green stone)  any way today i used the copper setting 10.5Khz 85 gain  ,2.5 reaction. and 3 on the I.A.R- and i was going along and on every iron target it would break or give a low . one suface bottle cap gave its low off the edge and a deeper one gave a break, i was pretty much sure it was iron so i dug it and it was a rusty bottle cap . but then came this short consistant rather quite signal , with no breaking so started digging down in the hard gravle and at 5" a copper penny , I was really amazed the setting was working , and some time later another soft short signal and down at 6" up comes a small piece of copper pipe,  so i was happy with the findings I dug  or was fooled by no iron but the copper was Identifiable , But i did find a strip of aluminum , but thats O,K as long as it was not iron .BTW i was using the 9" x 35 coil

• By Kaolin washer
      Hear in Minnesota we have a gravle road, and it has copper nuggets in it and agates,so i have been looking for them with my detectors, I figured the TDI would be great at this but found out its not because the setting that are good for silver are good for iron , but i nver thousght the ORX would actually exell  at this in Gold 1  I have a test garden of a  6 targets all buried at 6" deep the 1st is a 14 k ring , then a smashed aluminum bottle cap , then a cladd quarter, then a fresh bottle cap , and last a 1.5"x1.5" barrel strap flat iron  now in disc its hard to tell the difrence between the barrel strap and the silver quarter , very hard its the one target that most mimics the quarter . so i put the machine in Gold 1 and started playing around with the settings and this is what works so far the best  11-12khz reactivity of 2.5 and I.A.R at 4 its able to break on the barrel strap iron and the bottle cap and not on the quarter or the smashed aluminum bottle cap . even on the shallow bottle cap on the surface if the coil is on the edge it will give a low signal , the 14 k ring sorry to say starts sounding like a badd target .  but hay its working on the quarter good . so i took it to the gravle road where i have two buried copper nugets and a 6" dime  and a bottle cap and i used the same setting exept had to lower the IAR setting to 3 and got good results again , all the copper came thru with an unbroken signal , but the bottle cap and iron was breaking , so its kinda funny the Gold mode is also a high conductor mode and good at it
    • By bigtim1973
      Hey guys. I guess there a ton of you who gold prospect here on this forum. But for those who coin shoot in parks and around old houses I made a video yesterday on how to deal with steel bottle caps with the ORX. I am using the HF coil. But you can get similar results with the X35 and your highest frequency offset.

Anyways here it is and I hope some one can get something out of it.