Xp Orx Coming

Tometusns

I did a little trading and have an orx coming with the x35 coil. I picked this up to partner with the Equinox 800. 

• Like 1

The XP Orx is an excellent machine on high iron trashed areas , the Equinox prefers low/medium iron trashed areas .  So a good thing to have both...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good choice. I have a Nox 600 and Two XP Orx’s. I have all the coils except the biggest. The Nox and Orx compliment each other well. My preference for the Orx is bc I hunt wooded areas with a lot of slopes trees and large boulders and the Orx is more maneuverable. Also bc of coils. What would even things up would be a 9” round or 10”x 7” elliptical coil for the equinox- but that might never happen. Orx is close to perfect machine. All I’d add is a multi- tone option. 

Be sure to post your impressions after you’ve given it a try or two 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Tom Slick said:

I have the Nox 800 and ORX team. I have others also but I usually have the Nox and ORX with me when I go detecting. 

I have a very similar dream team ... 🙂 ;  a Vanquish 540 and a Deus ws4 HF 9in  …  Both great machines ..

• Like 3

You're going to enjoy it. Try to get an hf coil too. If you hunt in the water, the waterproof kit is great.

• Thanks 1

I dont own a Orx but i do own and use a Deus infact 2 of them one with the LF coil and the other setup using my favourite combination the HF elliptical coil,also own and use a Equinox and between these 2 machines they cover about 95% of my detecting needs.The HP elliptical coil excels on my roman/saxon sites as some of these can be heavily contaminated by iron and other non desirables and target separation and quick recovery speed is what the XP machines excel at.

But the Equinox is king on pasture sites,still basically is my backup machine as yet it still has not taken the crown as my favourite detector from the Deus.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Well I've got to take the ORX out some and I'm liking it fine. Like any new machine it'll take time but the im6 pinpointer is awesome. I just got it and have only used it once but I love it! If minelab could come up with a pinpointer that paired with the Equinox I would have one. 

• Like 2