Fisher Impulse AQ Limited - First Impression

That's different, how the cable passes over the center of the coil like that.  Is there a reason why they made it that way?

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to the reviews by you and others.  Glad it's met your expectations so far.  Personally I'm anxious to read your experiences nugget detecting on dry land, but no rush on my part.  (I suspect you're pretty motivated to get to that task, anyway.  😁)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Badger-NH said:

That's different, how the cable passes over the center of the coil like that.  Is there a reason why they made it that way?

Good question, I do not know. It is odd, but do not see an issue for water use. The gold prospecting model - I shove coils forward hard to get under brush. Bad location for that, I would have to reverse the coil in those instances, and being rear mounted would limit how flat to the ground I could get the rod.

The Equinox grip and AQ are both about 4 3/4” around. But the Equinox is near round 1.4“ x 1.5” and hard.

The AQ grip is reminiscent of the F75, larger at base, taper to center, slight flare again at top, and with some forward curvature, 1.06” x 1.68” and padded. Basically the difference between holding a sculpted custom grip and a post. World of difference, in AQs favor. But need I remind everyone grips are like shoes, what fits me may not fit you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

I'm looking forward to the reviews by you and others.  Glad it's met your expectations so far.  Personally I'm anxious to read your experiences nugget detecting on dry land, but no rush on my part.  (I suspect you're pretty motivated to get to that task, anyway.  😁)

Planning water hunts in coming week. Bad timing, doctor appointment Tuesday, cataract surgery. May take it easy Wednesday also. One eye done already so not that concerned about it, just being cautious. Plan is head to desert the following week with AQ and new Tarsacci to try salty nugget location.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Badger-NH said:

The main reason is related to technology, I can't really say more.
The secondary reason is related to water sweeping and electrical stability.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

What's the 2X Battery on the box mean?  GaryC/Oregon Coast