Garrett Infinium And X- Terra 70 On Tiny White Gold Ring

I am  doing the same test as I did with GMX and  NOX. The  first test I did was with the infinium with a 8' mono coil  and I got   nothing.I did a test one time with the same size white  and yellow gold rings, and the yellow gold gave  me a dig me  hit and white gold nothing.This machine does not like small deep  white gold rings.I bet the new AQ would hit it.I then tried the X-terra with the 6'' 18kz dd coil.I did it in prospect mode with max sens. and got a very soft  signal but  repeatable. This is max  depth for this combo.I then tried it in coin mode with every thing open in 1 tone and I got a very soft hit with -8 and 48 as id which are iron wrap around #'s. The  infinium did hit the 9" nickel I buried 8  years ago with a nice soft signal.This machine likes  deeper yellow gold better in my opinion.

• Like 1

Couple possibles white golds...., I air tested a lot of gold just to see if I can get any details on the audio signals.I know the "AQ" loves small gold rings...Not sure on the white gold but we will see...

Ring #23  was airtested..small but still hit at 11 inch's..My guess it would hit about 13 in the sand.1700982167_21(2).thumb.jpg.649ba7a642067ef4dca54e42aac0dd58.jpg

OBN-0001.jpg

• Like 1

Just (AQ) Air test to see if they even hit...Compared to the yellow gold I can see why I don't find a lot of white gold rings. Seems the smaller the gold target....the less they are affected by the reject modes...Tones/Mute....Also from testing the machine I can almost tell you how they will hit in the sand..just add one (inch) for the small gold (.49)  and (maybe) two inch's to the (1.36)  but I will test and see..

Have to check my video's and see if I have any of these on video being found with the Excalibur..

MY GUESS IN THE WETSAND... (.49) 5 inch's.....................(1.36) 9 inch's

OBN-0004.jpg

• Like 2

With the  infinium I barely  ever found  white gold.Only  when it was a big and shallow wedding band did I usually   come  home with white gold.The At gold was much better on the white gold to me even with the little 5by 8 coil. Small     and deep ones would give you  no sound or a junky signal. I imagine  platinum is  about the same.I have only found one platinum and it was on the clay with a couple inches of sand in 34degree water when    platinum was over  $ 2000   .I did get one small and heavy white gold ring   digging a very faint signal also  in cold water just because I was digging heavy  objects and digging kept we warm with infinium.I think it was the Garrett 2006   catalog that I was in for the infinium.

• Like 1