Big Cigar Band..18k...15.6 Grams Size (us) 8 ...19 Plus Inch's

Joe,

It looks like you are going to have a fun summer!

• Like 2

Joe.....is that a salt signal at 3:32 ?

Im just trying to visualise real hunt conditions where you can’t afford to be digging any ground noises if too hot a setting......

Actually that big chunky ring side ways still presents a decent surface area.......I’m liking the results. 👍

• Like 2

Curious to hear the tone mode now😉

I'm actually looking for a killer precise sound to be sure is worth to dig it...

Big depth is already a terrible enemy for me with only my hand to move sand🤐

• Like 4

I don't think this machine is made for diving or even looking waist-deep in water.  At that depth it costs a lot even outside the water, I can't imagine what it would be like inside.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luis said:

I don't think this machine is made for diving or even looking waist-deep in water.  At that depth it costs a lot even outside the water, I can't imagine what it would be like inside.

You're right! However the depth perception of this machine can help You if you're over a rocky bottom...

I can't say how many times I found gold rings trapped under big rocks that I removed with a kick.That coil will find it from above it!!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Luis said:

I purchased this detector as an on beach or shallow wading detector. And in my case for now freshwater use only. Assuming I am happy with what I see, I will get the newer model with drop in batteries for deeper water / saltwater use. This unit would then be more of a backup detector. I don’t mind having two, one that never sees saltwater use. Besides, this is a guaranteed genuine Limited Edition detector... I’m going to keep it as pristine as possible.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Skullgolddiver said:

Curious to hear the tone mode now😉

I'm actually looking for a killer precise sound to be sure is worth to dig it...

Big depth is already a terrible enemy for me with only my hand to move sand🤐

I agree. For now I am not looking to chase super faint, whisper signals seeking max depth. Frankly, the areas I hunt I generally don't lack for targets. So my goal is more to see how well I can use the machine to pick better targets. That may mean just using my ear in all metal mode, or seeing if the discrimination system really is all it is supposed to be. On one hand the disc system is touted as amazing new technology, and on another the only serious long-time user of the machine eschews using the discrimination at all.

We are now being told the disc modes are more a tool for beginners. That kind of puts a dent in the idea a person is going to be able to use this machine to focus on ring range targets while getting PI type depths. I once had this idea I would be putting the machine in tone mode and only digging clean ring signals, moving the numbers more in my favor compared to an all metal PI. Now I am not so sure that will be the case, and is really the number one item I need to sort out with the machine.

It could be the depth loss in employing the disc modes removes much of the reason for having a PI, once again making a VLF the better option if discrimination is the goal. I suspect this will prove to be the case for places like Florida. As always I assume it will depend on the location, with some areas calling for all metal, and some for discrimination. But I'm having doubts the discrimination system is the magic bullet it was being sold as at one point.

• Like 3