Large Diamond Ring

Just because it's lab grown doesn't mean it doesn't have value, especially in that size!  It's value I'm sure is going to be in its ring metal makeup.  Not gold, I assume.  A nice chunk of a ring though!  Great find on both rings.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

3 hours ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

Just because it's lab grown doesn't mean it doesn't have value, especially in that size!  It's value I'm sure is going to be in its ring metal makeup.  Not gold, I assume.  A nice chunk of a ring though!  Great find on both rings.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

It’s actually 14k and has some weight to it.

• Like 1

That's a beauty!! Looks like the round cut which is popular and, very brilliance, so I'm sure it would make a good bit more money over melt if sold out right. Congratulations on both!!

• Like 2

Very nice ring and make sure that it is a diamond before melting it down.

I have seen rings of that style with some massive diamonds on it.

Nice hunt and good luck on your next outing.

• Like 2

Moissanite is awesome, did you know it is a rare mineral first discovered in a Canyon Diablo meteorite? It is almost as hard as a diamond, and it actually refracts more light than a diamond! Seeing how much human and environmental damage the diamond industry causes there are a lot of people moving towards Moissanite. Don't get me wrong i love a real diamond, but when you consider all the costs involved in producing diamonds Moissanite is a great option, nice finds by the way keep them coming. 

• Like 3

You can buy a diamond tester on ebay for cheap like $10 -$15. It puts a tiny amount of heat on it and then checks the heat conductivity. Also you can breathe on it so it fogs up. If the fog dissapates right away it could be real. Look with high power magnifying glass to see if any scratches--diamonds should not have any. Also the edges of the facets should be very sharp. You can find articles on-line as to how to check for authenticity, but a good jeweler probably your best option. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hardtimehermit said:

Moissanite is awesome, did you know it is a rare mineral first discovered in a Canyon Diablo meteorite? It is almost as hard as a diamond, and it actually refracts more light than a diamond! Seeing how much human and environmental damage the diamond industry causes there are a lot of people moving towards Moissanite. Don't get me wrong i love a real diamond, but when you consider all the costs involved in producing diamonds Moissanite is a great option, nice finds by the way keep them coming. 

I did read some info about it. This thing sure is an eye catcher under the sunlight. I checked the Diamond with my tester and it checked out but I still had doubts. I took it to a jeweler and thats when I saw the dollar signs flying away 🥺 I guess they all can’t be winners.

22 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

That's a beauty!! Looks like the round cut which is popular and, very brilliance, so I'm sure it would make a good bit more money over melt if sold out right. Congratulations on both!!

Thanks joe. I know these retail for about $3000 in the moissanite website so hopefully I get more than $500, although I might be stretching it. HH

On 6/15/2020 at 8:00 PM, The Seeker said:

I took it to a jeweler and thats when I saw the dollar signs flying away 🥺 I guess they all can’t be winners.

Never go to just one jeweler now days, some are just out to make money off the unsuspecting customer.

I would believe a tester before just one jeweler, don't lose out on the ring it is very nice.