My Best Orx Finds Of The Past Week

Great finds. I love the car.

• Like 2

Nice collection of finds and they look sharp after cleanup.  What is that large disc shaped metal piece with what looks like S S Co in the middle?  Have you figured out what it says around the rim?

• Like 1

Thanks GB. 
no idea what it is it’s thin and fragile so likely From a lid to a jar. I have to look harder at it to ascertain what it says around the edge. If I figure it out I’ll post it. 

• Like 1

Some really nice finds,the top item looks like a barrel tap,yours looks like it its a screw type but the ones that we find here in the UK are usually 'hammered' into the wooden barrel,have found a few over the years and they do clean up nicely as well.Not of any value but after cleaning they make nice ornaments.

Really like the 'spur rowel' would that be military or country gentleman type spur ?? and roughly what date would that be.

• Like 1

Thank You, RickUK,

I’m always happy when I find a barrel tap- I’ve found about 4 in the 8 years I’ve been detecting- usually they are brass but this one looks like lead- pewter. Very dense. I suspect the spur to be late 18th -early 19th century - no way to tell if military, although I’ve found enough Rev. War and 1812 military items in the vicinity that it is very possible. I have found both British and American in the area which had a fair amount of troop movements And minor encampments. 

• Like 2