New Toy Arrives

All the talk about how the MDT 8000 does extracting non-ferrous from highly mineralized ground littered with ferrous trash made me decide I needed to try one out for gold nugget detecting. The detector arrived and I have to say it is a nice piece of work. The all carbon rod design adds a real touch of both quality and class. Very good looking, sturdy detector, that feels real good in my hand and on my arm. The machine ships packed inside a real nice custom rucksack.

Another nice touch is including two rechargeable batteries, one for use, one for backup. However, the battery can be inserted either way, and there in nothing on the detector to indicate which way to go. I assumed it was polarity protected, but I've made that mistake in the past and did not want to risk it. The is no manual included, so I checked the online manual, and not a peep there at all about batteries. So I fired off an email and got a prompt reply - positive down, and yes, polarity protected.

I plan on getting this out for a first nugget hunt in about ten days, so will see how it goes. I have several locations that I want to try in the desert and mountains so it my be a bit however before I come to any conclusions.

Final note - kudos to Tarsacci for including the a waterproof to 1/8” headphone adapter.  Headphone adapter dongle should be mandatory for anyone selling an underwater headphone with removable headphones. This will make it a snap for me to adapt the machine for wireless headphone use by employing my TaoTronics Bluetooth low-latency transmitter box.

herschbach-tarsacci-mdt-8000.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Nice report so far Steve. Looking forward to your nugget hunt report w the Tarsacci, glad you like build!

• Like 1

Thanks. I’m a bit different I guess in that regard, in that I usually don’t refer to other people’s settings. Machines tell me where they want to be set... you just have to listen to what they are saying. I typically end up a little on the hot side as I can’t read what is going on when a detector is totally silent. My settings therefore usually end up a little noisier than most people prefer.

• Like 4

Very easy interface. Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1